ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  Government Housing    Is DLA authorized if you are moved out of the Barracks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is DLA authorized if you are moved out of the Barracks?
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, so here is the situation... our barracks are at 100%, with new soldier expected to come in. The unit is moving most E-5s out of the barracks, and authorizing BAH. The CNA packets are getting done up, but a question came up that I hope someone can answer.

Is DLA authorized? I know it is generally done with PCS, but the JFTR regulation does authorize it outside of a PCS. I read the JFTR, and AR 210-50 "Housing Management", and it seems like Partial DLA would be authorized to a soldier moving out of the barracks for government convenience (forced out to make room for more junior soldiers). Can anyone give me a reliable answer an/or an example they have seen where DLA was authorized for a single person getting moved out of the barracks?

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post