Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Privateized housing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ive heard some horror stories about living on post too. Someone told me that Bragg was pretty rough, but I don't know that personally. Where else have you been that is rough? Were heading to Benning and theres no wait for housing. From what I see of the pictures, I'm not overly impressed with it.

WWW.Patriotguard.org
There are two distinct forces who have laid down their life for you,
Christ who died for your sins,
And the American soldier who died for your freedom.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What I noticed about privatized housing is that if it isn't enclosed, with gates and whatnot the !@$%#$@! target that area because they think we get paid good or something. Crime rates there, usually thefts are bad. If its gated in then you are fine.

Edited for language ... ArmyReenlistment

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArmyReenlistment,

Posts: 87 | Location: Ft.Myer, VA | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyHusband:
Ive heard some horror stories about living on post too. Someone told me that Bragg was pretty rough, but I don't know that personally. Where else have you been that is rough? Were heading to Benning and theres no wait for housing. From what I see of the pictures, I'm not overly impressed with it.

Benning isn't that great, Bliss sucks, Campbell sucks, Bragg sucks. I'm entitled to BAH, I'm going to get something I want to live in, not where they tell me. My mortgage is a couple hundred dollars more than my BAH, but my neighborhood isn't trash, everyone is respectful, and my family feels safer. It's like the old saying, you get what you pay for.

Posts: 104 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WE are at Benning - it is horrible! Our house is really small (barely 1000 sq feet for 6 people - only one full bathroom for all of us to share, no garage or carport (just street parking), insects, heating/ac sucks, our yard is about 15ft by 15ft, and goes straight downhill, everything is leaking, the cabinets are warped, and the housing office is the worst we have even seen/dealt with in 5 posts.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jmet1223:
What I noticed about privatized housing is that if it isn't enclosed, with gates and whatnot the !@$%#$@! target that area because they think we get paid good or something.

Jmet1223, this is your FINAL WARNING for inappropriate langauge. If you can't control the most simple typing practices by watching you language, you are no longer welcomed in this community.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Final Warning?

I never got a first warning. I'm sorry, I'm Infantry. Those are adjectives for me. Please cool down, there is no need to explode over a slipped curse word or two.

Posts: 87 | Location: Ft.Myer, VA | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You used to be able to see floorplans online, but I cant find them anywhere. If anyone knows please let me know where. From what I saw on Bennings Pinnacle website for housing the layouts werent that great, so where is good off post?

WWW.Patriotguard.org
There are two distinct forces who have laid down their life for you,
Christ who died for your sins,
And the American soldier who died for your freedom.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jmet1223:
Please cool down, there is no need to explode over a slipped curse word or two.

I'm not exploding and "slipped" comes out during speech ... not by typing it. Please be more aware of the words you type.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyHusband:
You used to be able to see floorplans online, but I cant find them anywhere. If anyone knows please let me know where. From what I saw on Bennings Pinnacle website for housing the layouts werent that great, so where is good off post?

Try to live off of exits 6-10 (exit 1-4 are pretty crummy). Also, Phenix City, Alabama is just the other side of Fort Benning and much more rural/suburban.
If you are PCSing to Benning, the housing/leasing office will show you pictures of the new housing they are building, but only a select few live in new housing - the other 90% of post housing is very old and in very bad shape.

To see the floorplans, go to https://onestop.army.mil/armyonestop.asp?v=1 and pick Benning, then click on floorplans. Let me know if you have trouble with that link - I will give you another.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyReenlistment:
I'm not exploding and "slipped" comes out during speech ... not by typing it. Please be more aware of the words you type.

I will try to be more aware of the words I type. But for the most part, I can type faster than I can talk if you can imagine that. I should have a desk and a computer somewhere, I used to play alot of games in the 90s that were all text-based and the typing skills still haven't left me. I'm over 100 wpm. I believe between 110 and 120. But sorry, I will try to proofread everything before I post it.