Find
Notify
Tools

Confusion
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyReup
posted
Confused

Ok, I am confused about somethings with regard to my upcoming move to Fort Campbell. Currently at Jackson, have accepted housing on Campbell, that plan went well until I get a call from the community center talking about a pro-rate rent begining on 02 Oct.

Here is where I am lost, on 01 Aug, the housing on Jackson went to private contractor, the allotment was set up and EOM Aug my rent, $1239 first payment was made. Good to go on that, I will clear the current housing on 29 Sep and therefore my EOM rent for Sep will come out.
On 02 Oct I will sign for keys to new place on Campbell, the community center says that I will have to cut a check for $957 for the 3-31 Oct rent. My EOM Oct check will reflect either the BAH of $1239 for Jackson or the BAH of $990 for Campbell. As well as that the BAH will go to some place either Jackson (not in the house at that time) or Campbell (will have paid for Oct when sign for the keys).
My understanding is that the military rent is one month in the rear, meaning that the rent for Sep covers Sep, the EOM rent for OCT covers Oct, and so forth. May seem confusing but it seems that someone will be double dipping on me.
Advise, suggestions?

Posts: 194 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 17 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTAIRBORNE
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty crappy situation. Well either way welcome to the Ft. Campbell community!! Were glad to have you here!

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY

Posts: 67 | Registered: 12 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68WWife/92FSoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyReup:
Confused

Ok, I am confused about somethings with regard to my upcoming move to Fort Campbell. Currently at Jackson, have accepted housing on Campbell, that plan went well until I get a call from the community center talking about a pro-rate rent begining on 02 Oct.

Here is where I am lost, on 01 Aug, the housing on Jackson went to private contractor, the allotment was set up and EOM Aug my rent, $1239 first payment was made. Good to go on that, I will clear the current housing on 29 Sep and therefore my EOM rent for Sep will come out.
On 02 Oct I will sign for keys to new place on Campbell, the community center says that I will have to cut a check for $957 for the 3-31 Oct rent. My EOM Oct check will reflect either the BAH of $1239 for Jackson or the BAH of $990 for Campbell. As well as that the BAH will go to some place either Jackson (not in the house at that time) or Campbell (will have paid for Oct when sign for the keys).
My understanding is that the military rent is one month in the rear, meaning that the rent for Sep covers Sep, the EOM rent for OCT covers Oct, and so forth. May seem confusing but it seems that someone will be double dipping on me.
Advise, suggestions?

On EOM pay for October (1 Nov) it will show BAH rate for Ft Campbell and you will recieve it, it will not be deducted. I had the same confusion when we accepted housing here. The allotment will start coming out on EOM Nov (1 Dec) pay. When housing lets finance know that you have moved into post housing, they will tell them that the allotment does not start until then.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Advice... Go upstairs, grab your big girl panties, and put them on....

Posts: 287 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post