Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Meade
 Login/Join

posted
Is there anyone that lives on post in Ft. Meade that can give me some insight on what are the best housing areas and maybe has some pictures of exterioe and interior?

Posts: 48 | Registered: 18 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would advise against living on FT Meade. They are privatized and will take ALL of your BAH. However, if you must/really want to live on base then I would recommend any housing that has been renovated within that last 5 years. I lived in the area closest to the NSA gate (the one that is on base) and a most of it has been renovated since I left.

Posts: 2 | Location: FT Meade, MD | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I currently am living on post on Fort Meade. I live in Potomac Place in some of the older 3 bedroom housing. It is renovated though and because being a married E-5 with 1 kid I should only get a 2 bedroom they gave me a 3 bedroom I am not going to complain to much. It isn't horrible really but from my experience so far Potomac place is probably the best to live in due to the quality and the actual neighborhood office. Every issue we have they come out and fix it within a day or so unless it is an emergency issue they come out within an hour or 2. Some of the other neighborhoods are constantly losing power but they slip my mind as to which ones right now I will find out from my wife which ones and get back to you on that. As was stated they will take all of your BAH and may end up living next to retirees or DOD civilians so don't expect only to live next to Active Duty.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plainzwalker:
I would advise against living on FT Meade. They are privatized and will take ALL of your BAH. However, if you must/really want to live on base then I would recommend any housing that has been renovated within that last 5 years. I lived in the area closest to the NSA gate (the one that is on base) and a most of it has been renovated since I left.

I'm not new to the Army but I appreciate your opinion. I've been living on-post here at Lewis for 3 and a half years now and don't regret a second of it. Yes, they take all of your BAH but you also need to keep in mind that you don't pay for utilities and the money you save on gas trying to commute on and off post makes up for it alone. Not to mention the face that the army pays more BAH if you have dependents...BUT not depending on how many you have. I have 3 children so for me to find a decent 4-BR house off post would make me lose money living off-post.

68X, I was actually looking on the Picerne site and Potomac Place was our frontrunner. Either there or Heritage Park. Do you think you could send me pics of your neighborhood in a private message? Let me know and thanks for the info!

posted Hide Post
Guess that's a negative on the pics? lol

posted Hide Post
Near NSA gate you can get many more options for housing and you can also renovate it so will look like new one.

Posts: 1 | Location: 1718 Panama Ln #910, Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 30 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post