ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  Government Housing    A question about housing policy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question about housing policy
 Login/Join

posted
Posted 02 June 2009 16:35
Ok. I am a dependent of an Active Duty US Army soldier. I'm living with my sponsor and going to college full time, so I will be a dependent till 23.
My girlfriend wants to move in with me and she is a dependent of another US Army sponsor. Her sponsors claim that there is some set of army rules that do not allow her to move in with me. I've done research and I find nothing on this, except for regulations concerning on base housing. We live off base and our housing allowance is paid by my non sponsor parent who is employed by a contractor.

First of all, are they right? Is there some rule against her moving in with my sponsor and i?

Also, I REALLY need some Army Regulation (AR) Articles on this, the only one I've really got is the AR 210-50.

Need Help ASAP Thank you

Posts: 2 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Why would there be any rules about two people living in Non-government housing? (or is your 'non-sponsor contractor parent' getting a housing allowance from the government??)

IF there are any rules they're really stretching them. Why don't they like you? Cool

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG "C"
posted Hide Post
huh?

Posts: 34 | Registered: 15 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If she moved in with you, then maybe her family couldn't claim her as a dependent anymore...and then they would lose money and she would lose dependant benefits? I'm just guessing though.

Posts: 164 | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post