New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fort Campbell Housing
 Login/Join

Picture of eesco11
posted
I just received orders to Fort Campbell. I looked on the housing website and noticed there were several different housing areas. Can anyone give me some advice for the best housing neigborhood in Fort Campbell for E6 with 4 or 5 bedroom requirement?

Posts: 19 | Location: Germany | Registered: 31 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
I got orders to Ft Campbell also, what Unit if known? 20100310 what about you?

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eesco11
posted Hide Post
I leave here mid March but im going TDY Enroute first, then I report mid June. Im going to 708th CCT. I think its a new unit that may be standing up soon. Thats all I know so far. Have you heard anything good/bad about the post or your unit yet?

Posts: 19 | Location: Germany | Registered: 31 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
Yea I'm coming from Ft. Stewart, an I heard its way better. New buildings, I originally suppose to report in May but I got a early report date. I'm going to a Unit that is suppose to be good, 129th CSSB, I will be in S4.

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eesco11
posted Hide Post
Can anyone give any information/advice in regards to a really good government housing area in Fort Campbell? In not too concerned with convenience to shoppette, commissary or PX. I'm more concerned with quality, appearance, ammenities; pros and cons between older housing and new housing. I am looking for a nice area that has 4 or 5 bedroom housing for E6. I have checked the website and seen several different housing for E6, but its always nice to hear opinions from individuals who currently live or recently have lived in some of the housing areas.

Picture of 68WWife/92FSoldier
posted Hide Post
Your best bet would be to ask for Gardner Hills or the Woodlands. (I would go with the Woodlands.)

My husband is a SSG and we live in Gardner Hills. Ours is a 3 b3droom though. Gardner Hills and the Woodlands are both nice because they are on the edge of post, so traffic isn't nearly as bad. It's also pretty quiet out here, not of a lot of the problems that you would have living closer to lower enlisted or barracks.

The Woodlands is the newest addition to Fort Campbell housing and is really nice. They have underground electric street lights, privacy fencing, nice playground, carpeting upstairs in all the bedrooms, and plenty of room with garages as well.

Good Luck!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Advice... Go upstairs, grab your big girl panties, and put them on....

Posts: 287 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eesco11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68WWife/92FSoldier:
Your best bet would be to ask for Gardner Hills or the Woodlands. (I would go with the Woodlands.)

My husband is a SSG and we live in Gardner Hills. Ours is a 3 b3droom though. Gardner Hills and the Woodlands are both nice because they are on the edge of post, so traffic isn't nearly as bad. It's also pretty quiet out here, not of a lot of the problems that you would have living closer to lower enlisted or barracks.

The Woodlands is the newest addition to Fort Campbell housing and is really nice. They have underground electric street lights, privacy fencing, nice playground, carpeting upstairs in all the bedrooms, and plenty of room with garages as well.

Good Luck!

68WWife/92FSoldier, thanks for your input. This is the type of info I was looking for. I will look into The Woodlands.

How long did you have to wait for housing when you first got there?

I will be getting there early Summer, so i'm hoping the availability will be better.

Picture of 68WWife/92FSoldier
posted Hide Post
we didn't wait that long at all. when my husband was deployed i got on the housing list while staying with my parents and when they called me i told them i'd like to be on the hold list. about two weeks before i was ready to move into housing i called and they had one available immediately. the original wait though was only about a month.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Advice... Go upstairs, grab your big girl panties, and put them on....

Posts: 287 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eesco11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68WWife/92FSoldier:
we didn't wait that long at all. when my husband was deployed i got on the housing list while staying with my parents and when they called me i told them i'd like to be on the hold list. about two weeks before i was ready to move into housing i called and they had one available immediately. the original wait though was only about a month.

Thats not bad at all. Im hoping the wait list will be the same or shorter when I get there. I'll probably call to find out if I can place my name on the list right before I leave here. The worst they can say is no. :-)