ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  Government Housing    Living in Government Housing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living in Government Housing
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
OHH Man i hated housing! I use to hear my neighbors doing all sort of things ....Walls are to thin and housing not worth it...I am Dual military ands ago for me and my husband both get partial BAH w/ no dependents.I moved on post about 2 years ago and hated it i lived there 7 months and was ready to get out. People are nosy on post and everyone is in your buisness and when somone is needed for cq or they need someone for a detail on a weekend th e first person they choose is you..BECAUSE YOU LIVE ON POST!..... GMH also states that me and my husband have to both give up our BAH because we are Dual military...Is that fair? they sai 2 e-4s with 4 years in make too much...??? Have they looked at the pay chart lately..and in Va Beach that pay is nothing! Ok now what i dont get is why would there be a problem if we have dual income coming in when others have both spouses working too.. Aint that dual income..so why are we the exception? WE'D RATHER KEEP OUR BAH AND MOVE OFF POST....WAYYYYYY WORTH IT AND MORE PRIVATE FOR US..Its already hard enough being dual military and keeping military out your personal life and military personnel...Smiler

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Story, Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They ran an article here in the Signal paper about an E-5 that has 7 kids and 2 houses that have been converted to one on post here at Fort Gordon. The guy said in the article "were else could I have 7 kids making this much money and have a huge house". Those are the kind of people that I think abuse the system.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 08 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post