ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    Regulations regarding personal items/tools overseas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Regulations regarding personal items/tools overseas
 Login/Join

Picture of ShaneOSD
posted
shot backround. my sister is marrying a infantryman, and i want to get him a wedding present to take with him overseas. i was wondering the regulations allow a regular Amry solder to bring a Tactical Tomahawk with him
this is what i am talking about

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
As long as he puts it in his rucksack or duffel bag he will be fine to bring it over and bring it back, my buddy had one of the SOG tactical axes just like that little bigger and no problem.

Nice gift.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11b2AV
posted Hide Post
I didn't have any problems getting the tomahawk I was issued back through customs. You could get just about anything into Afghanistan, getting it back out is the issue.

But like I said, I was issued a tomahawk and had no issues getting it back.

However, the only time I ever used the thing was when I was bored. We made a target out of plywood and would practice throwing them. I never had any practical use for it, and I doubt your soon to be brother-in-law would either.

They're cool and everything, just giving you a heads up it's not that practical to have.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 08 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ShaneOSD
posted Hide Post
perfect, thanks guys

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
do you think its like call of duty over there...lol

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post