ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    Problems with Branch Manager and Branch Assistants
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems with Branch Manager and Branch Assistants
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine gave me an idea. I'm going to try and contact the units deploying this fall in Hawaii, Germany, and Alaska and see if I might be able to get them to take me. Probably be able to get my First Sergeant involved and see if he can pull any strings with them.

Posts: 72 | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pyroandbozzt:
I called branch manager assistant (left a message), and sent email to followup on the phone call. I got several short terse emails from this woman telling me basically there was nothing they can do for me unless I reenlist.

Right now my ETS is 30NOV2009. I am currently in the process of trying to get a reenlistment contract for a reclass to 35M but want to reclass after I have been deployed.

A few more emails from branch assistant ensued where I asked why I could not get orders when I have over 1 year and 5 months left on my contract and was in the process of reenlisting.

Once I sent this email I got an email back from the actual 11B2O branch manager telling me there's nothing they can do. No explanation, no help with anything.

When you are within your 24-month reenlistment window you must go through your Career Counselor for assignments, school and to change your MOS. This is the system that is in place and it's working pretty well.

As for the reason, the Army is not going to give you something for nothing ... if you want to change duty stations or units, you're gonna give more time (through reenlisting).

Also, you're reading alot of bad or misinformation being put out in this thread, i.e. Rapid Deployment Posts, Option 3 only for initial term Soldiers, and Jmet1223 entire post (Roll Eyes) so you'll need to weed through all of this.

Are you promotable? How close are you to SSG? The reason I ask is because 35M is currently only for SSGs.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post