ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    Help INFANTRY OR SCOUT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help INFANTRY OR SCOUT
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pathfinder1:
quote:
Pathfinder would be the only school that I can see in our career path that you won't use in Law Enforcement.

r34dy2walk.......

It's pretty apparent you don't have a clue. As a Deputy Sheriff, shortly after Retirement - Thank God for my Pathfinder skills. I had to run a multi ship LZ for Medevac while called out to a multiple vehicle accident. Several more times, used my Pathfinder skills during Search and Rescue operations. Air Traffic control, LZ prep, LZ Control, aerial and land navigation, slingload of unconventional loads.. believe me, even Pathfinder skills are in high demand in law enforcement.

This one I will apologize for as there was a bit of misunderstanding. What I meant by what I wrote was the "Pathfinder" skills would be the ONLY skills that you could use outside of Law Enforcement compared to BAC or AA.

Posts: 27 | Location: Camp Hovey, ROK | Registered: 28 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pathfinder1
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree, again. Combat Lifesaver is a great skill for law enforcement. Firearms proficiency, building clearing, radio communications, observation, intel gathering, patience, physical fitness, people skills are all things really honed in the Infantry. They are valuable skills in almost any job field in civilian world. You just need to understand how to present these skills to the employer.

Posts: 81 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was stuck between scout, infantry or medic.

But I concluded that I would regret going anything that wasn't infantry, so 11x is what I signed.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
wow this guy is selling this book everywhere.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post