ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    DA selected recruiting orders need help!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA selected recruiting orders need help!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I do agree with USAREC being the Mafia. Here is my story and how it went down. I went to SFAS in Sep 08 ended up basically shattering my leg. I got back on Thursday afternoon and found out that I would report to Ft. Jackson the following Monday for Recruiter School. Now Im here recruiting. One thing they dont tell you is that being out here actually hurts your promotion. When I say that this is what I mean. The only way to get promoted as far as SGT to SSG is to get your recruiter ring and no other way. I told my station commander many times that I would like to attend the promotion board and he said he would send me. So 2 boards went by and nothing. His response was that CSM will not promote anybody unless they have their recruiting ring. Speaking of how to get out and this is how you do it. Many times I have brought up the idea about going back to SFAS and have been shot down. One thing to realize about this is you are still 11B and still part of Infantry branch as a detailed recruiter. After months of trying to getting around this whole problem I decided to call my SF recruiter for some help. There is no way for USAREC to stop you from attending SFAS however, you may still go to SFAS but you will have to complete your tour of duty as a recruiter but speical operations will cut you orders within a month or 2 to attend Q-course. USAREC is not the regular army and anybody whos been in can justify this. They do believe and do things that creats toxic leadership. My advice to you who plan on staying in after USAREC dont fall into sloppy habbits it will come back to haunt you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post