Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11b
 Login/Join

posted
I'm planning to switch to 11B from 63B any advice?

Posts: 158 | Location: OKC | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[b:e57d722302][i:e57d722302][u:e57d722302]DON'T DO IT![/u:e57d722302][/i:e57d722302][/b:e57d722302]

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LOLz...hmmm...I need more advice from the 11B's hehehe

Posts: 158 | Location: OKC | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Get yourself a copy of FM 7-8 and start reading! Also, PT is the first training event of the day. So, you might score a 300 on the APFT....good for you. But, can you carry 100lbs of junk on your back, up and down the terrain on a "movement to daylight" and then have enough stamina to conduct the attack at the end? Pain and discomfort is the infantryman's way of life. No truck to ride in, no tent to get in when the weather is not to your liking. It's a very hard life. Are you ready for this?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Go for it! As long as your PT is up the pare and you have the heart to push yourself in the most jacked up situations but sure have a good time doing it! Then switch right over to the darkside lol..Good luck

Posts: 60 | Location: In the Breach | Registered: 17 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Go for it! As long as your PT is up the pare and you have the heart to push yourself in the most jacked up situations but sure have a good time doing it! Then switch right over to the darkside lol..Good luck

Posts: 60 | Location: In the Breach | Registered: 17 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGT Mac,
If you can march 12 miles with full ruck, K-pot & rifle a score consistently in the top half on the PT test, shoot expert & most off [i:228b6739d1]can lead my son who can[/i:228b6739d1] then we want you. My son will graduate from Infantry OSUT on 14 MAY.
Good luck in any decision you make.
Top out.

Posts: 122 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah, you definately don't want to do it.

Posts: 302 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC (Iraq) | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
On the ground!!!! Its the only place to fight!!!!!

posted Hide Post
[quote:a174c9f175="sappersfirst"]On the ground!!!! Its the only place to fight!!!!![/quote:a174c9f175]

Just after a nice smooth airborne operation of course.

Posts: 302 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC (Iraq) | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As far as the shooting, rucking, and PT are concerned; those are all great attributes for an infantryman to have, but really only a small portion of the job. The most important things to have are attitude, initiative, and the ability to improvise.

Operations never work as they are planned, every grunt has to be able to adjust in order to make the mission work.

Also be prepared to be offended. Insults are how we show we care, and no subjects spared (i.e. your mother is fair game)

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[i:5b26ee1a00]Also be prepared to be offended. Insults are how we show we care, and no subjects spared (i.e. your mother is fair game)[/i:5b26ee1a00]

Offending people is my way of life, ie. letting them see the bright blue Infantry cord on my Class A let them know who runs this sh*t!
P.S. Leave my Mother out of this...

Posts: 7 | Location: WI | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
C'mon Hicks. Have you ever seen a smooth running Airborne Op? LOL. Or any other op for that matter. Murphy's been in the USArmy for a long time, the inventor of SNAFU & FUBAR!
Top out.

Posts: 122 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When I first enlisted I was parachute rigger for a LRSD. After a while I didn't think the life was for me and I soon left to go to a combat engineer battalion. And now I'm deployed with a personnel detachment. I've definitely learned my lesson. I want to reclass infantry too. But I don't know whether to go 11B or C and whether to go to a light or mechanized infantry unit. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I've heard from many infantryman that its a hard life. And I don't doubt that one bit. I want to do it because its hard. I've been coasting the last few years with the units I've been in. Its time for a challenge.

Posts: 153 | Location: Fort Livingroom, IA | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mac if you think you can handle it then give yourself the challenge, don't just sit back for a smooth ride the rest of the way, or it tends to get boring after a while Smiler

Posts: 213 | Location: Here, There, Every where | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post