ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    STRYKER BDE any advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STRYKER BDE any advice
 Login/Join

posted
I will be PCSing to the new STRYKER BDE in Ft Polk,LA. Dont know much about these vehicles but I know I will be a squad leader in charge of at least two. Anyone out there have any advice or helpful tips I need to know before I leave please feel free.

Posts: 60 | Location: In the Breach | Registered: 17 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:3f85e1f0d0="sappersfirst"]I will be PCSing to the new STRYKER BDE in Ft Polk,LA. Dont know much about these vehicles but I know I will be a squad leader in charge of at least two. Anyone out there have any advice or helpful tips I need to know before I leave please feel free.[/quote:3f85e1f0d0]

I don't have much advice. I just wanted to comment that I too am PCS'ing to the new Stryker BDE at Polk. My PCS date is 20 October.

Presently, I have been reading doctrine about Stryker BDE's. Also, I have been reading reviews, both pro and con, about Stryker BDE's. The first 12 months will be hectic because the unit will field new equipment.

Posts: 196 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greywolff
posted Hide Post
i was at fort polk during the stryker certification last year ask away i'll awnser if i can

Posts: 292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, They got me. I was going to PCS back to Wainwright AK and work at the DOIM, but the 172 SBCT Signal Chief saw my name come up on the USARAK gains and grabbed me. Now I'm Stryker bound as well. Oh well, could be worse. I could have to stay in this God forsaken MI unit!

Posts: 304 | Location: Camp Slayer, Iraq | Registered: 09 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hey TenaciousP, when you due up here? hopefully not right away, what with the fires and all...

Posts: 42 | Location: Arcitc Warriors! in Iraq!? | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I cant say much about the Strykers but I am at Polk now if you have any questions. I am slotted to go the BDE on 20July.

Posts: 18 | Location: IN MOPP4 | Registered: 20 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im PCSing to polk in Aug and dont know where Im going. Hopefully the Strykers since Im an 11B. Any advice about it would be helpful

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:dce34f4f53="TenaciousP"]Well, They got me. I was going to PCS back to Wainwright AK and work at the DOIM, but the 172 SBCT Signal Chief saw my name come up on the USARAK gains and grabbed me. Now I'm Stryker bound as well. Oh well, could be worse. I could have to stay in this God forsaken MI unit![/quote:dce34f4f53]

Ahem.... *gets his flogger and chases TenaciousP*

Posts: 213 | Location: Here, There, Every where | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why you tryin to flog me sir?

Posts: 304 | Location: Camp Slayer, Iraq | Registered: 09 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It was a joke, but I am in MI, most people actually enjoy being attached to an MI unit.

Posts: 213 | Location: Here, There, Every where | Registered: 06 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My 1SG just got orders for there as well. I'm not sure if he's getting out of them or not, but if he doesn't his name is 1SG McChesney. The coolest, down the earth guy you will ever meet.

Posts: 302 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC (Iraq) | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
172nd baby. 1-17th Gotta love those strykers. To bad they are always broke.

Posts: 19 | Location: Mosul, Iraq | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
Well I was one of the first 10 signal soldiers in the first stryker unit so if you signal guys have any questions ask away. Part of being one of the first was finding out that the equipment that the 25S were going to be using failed its fielding so now there will not be 25S in any of the other Stryker Brigades. In the 3 years I was there though I did jusy about everything since they had nothing for me. :lol:

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a question (maybe a lame one noone can anwser) what is it like in a stryker bde for support mos's? NBC perhaps? will I have a chance to ride in one of highspeed strykers and shoot at things?

Posts: 290 | Location: MOPP 4 | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
Well I know that in the signal unit the unit NBC was an additional duty. It is one of the things I was assigned. I went to a 2 week course to do it. Not sure about the other units. One of the BIG things in the stryker brigade is crosstraining.

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post