ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Infantry    STRYKER BDE any advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STRYKER BDE any advice
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Are the units authorized an NBC NCO?

Posts: 290 | Location: MOPP 4 | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I can tell you that the stryker units are authorized and NBC NCO because I am in one. You don't get your own high speed stryker though and you will be lucky to ride in one. I myself am assigned a FMTV with a driver. The strykers look mean and have M2 and MK19 but they are big pieces of crap. At least the ones in FT. Wainwright are. They break and crap out and can't handle the cold. Just know that you probably wont be going on any patrols with the infantry guys so you will be somwhat safe but most likley you will be traveling in the supply convoys so I guess that cancels any safe feelings you may have. Hmmm, they also tend to leave the NBC guys to do their own thing. Mostly because they feel (and I agree a little) that NBC isn't to big of an issue right now. They do listen to me and they do do training but not enough to keep me occupied. I am the movement NCO also so that makes the job a little crapy but it gives me alot to do.

As for the infantry side of it. It makes it alot easier for travel seeing as how you don't have to hump all the crap in your ruck. but for the drivers and vehicle commanders it is alot of BS they are always running to the civilian mech to fix something and always at the MP screwing with the strykers. Good luck, I am starting to ramble to I will sign off.

Posts: 19 | Location: Mosul, Iraq | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Check out the CALL website. The detailed Initial Impression Reports for the SBCTs operating in Samarra and Mosul are available to you if you have an AKO log-in.

Posts: 18 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Chem!!!

You da man!!!

Posts: 290 | Location: MOPP 4 | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
our NBC guy was the commanders radio man in iraq.

Bullet sponge

Posts: 22 | Location: fort lewis | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post