Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

31 Bravo- MP
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doshaza, I apologize for any misunderstandings in my previous entry. I have been an MP for 3 1/2 years and have never met anyone with any kind of asi for MP "skills". I asked a few people about the question at hand and was misinformed by them all as well. Thank you for educating me on what I should already know, especially since I am about to be an nco. Are you an MP? If so, where are you stationed?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
But why aren't ASIs awarded for SRT schools? I can see why one wouldn't be given for Phase I, because its a pretty general course and they send whole platoons throught it at a time. But Phase II is A LOT more selective. There's like a 70% dropout rate. And what could be more specialized than a law enforcement marksman? I think I'm going to lead the charge to make the Phase II SRT Course ASI-able.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGMP
posted Hide Post
214MP, Where in Alaska are you? I am on orders to Richardson. and Doshaza, I am down at Torii (Okinawa) ya know working under SFC Dalton... WASSUP?!?!

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Richardson Alaska | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGTMP, What's up? I am stationed at Fort Richardson in the 164th MP CO. If you come to AK there are a couple different units you can go to. As far as my company, we do both the road and field. There is the 28th MP DET which makes up the PMO, Traffic, MPI and K-9 and they only do road work. There are also MP platoons in some of the infantry units here but you have to be airborne qualified to go to them. The MP's in these units do not work the road. Also most of the infantry units if not all of them are deployed right now so you know what that means if you get assigned to one of them.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGMP
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I already have pinpoint orders to the 164th, 3rd PLT I believe... I guess i'll see you there!

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Richardson Alaska | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
I am a garrison MP, but not by choice. It just happen got noting but garrison units and TRADOC units, but soon there will not be any garrison units and we all will be field MP's

Posts: 116 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
what unit are you in, Milpopo?

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
I have been to Ft. Rucker, Ft. Monroe and Korea

Posts: 116 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
not in that order. I am at Ft. Monroe right now, right down the road from you

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
What unit in Korea?

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
552nd MP Company in Pusan. I was there from 2002 to 2003

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
I thought so (the 552 kinda gave that away). I was there 04-05.

posted Hide Post
I WILL BE IN FT.Leonardwood FOR BCT ON JAN.19TH 2007. YOU SEEM TO BE HELPFULL. SO WHAT CAN I EXPECT? AND WHY DO THE OTHER SOLDERS NOT LIKE MP's?

Posts: 1 | Location: FT.Leonardwood | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jeep
posted Hide Post
Because Military Police is the force of choice.

Posts: 199 | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dont expect a whole lot out of basic, you will not learn much about being an MP you will get all that training from your unit, they'll teach the basics and ship you off to the line. Also from what I have been told from friends who are Drills now, basic is little more than a joke now since they are not aloud to "handle" situations like they used to, they're more of a mentor now then a Drill SGT.
Other soldiers dont care much for MP's because of the whole "Pig" mentality. And having a our fair share of dirtbags doesn't help. Some people become a little to full of themselves when they put that brassard on and carry a M9. But everyone loves us when they need something. Other MOS's know the difference between the different kind of MP's also. Garrison MP's (Law Dogs) are generally not liked by anyone. And while its in my head, they're are actually three type of MP's (Garrison, Field, and Division). Having been a division MP for most of the past 9 years Ive seen great respect given to Division MP's from the combat arms unit. It al really depends on someones past expierence with the MP's, so just remember the golden rule.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 12 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post