New
Find
Notify
Tools

31 Bravo- MP
 Login/Join

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Too many MPs abuse thier authority. They use absolutely no tact with people, because they feel they're untouchable. There was a groupe of guys in one of my units in Korea that had shirts made that had thier names and unit patch on it, along with the words "Your rank, my authority. Don't get it twisted." Then they went to the clubs with them on. Needless to say, they incurred a couple fights which were closely followed by Article 15's.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OneEyeDave
posted Hide Post
See you there, kingcb; I arrive for BCT on the same day.

I'll be easy to spot, I'll probably be the oldest recruit there.

Posts: 25 | Location: Ft. Huachuca. | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Have fun, I'm sure it'll be cold as hell out there.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGTMP, hey what's up? i haven't checked this discussion lately. that's cool that your coming to 164th. i hope you like the cold!! LOL when are you coming to ak? third plt is cool. i don't really know the plt sgt too well but from what i do know of him, he's pretty cool.

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGMP
posted Hide Post
214MP, I just sent you a PM, Check it out...

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Richardson Alaska | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ratz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smittaayy:
Actually... MP's are Infantry with trucks. we don't have badges Smiler. And unfortunately, there is not ASI for SRT. And if there is and I'm just an idiot, somebody please tell me what it is.

Well I was an Infantryman in the Light Infantry and I don't think it would go over to well if you pulled up to the Infantry on your truck after they walked 27 miles through the mountains with 80 lbs on their backs after doing 5 to 11 days of missions and said you were the same thing except you had trucks. That is not to say that your job isn't an important one and I'm sure there are things that you have to deal with that suck also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ratz,

11B Light Fighter

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of flscubamedic
posted Hide Post
You will learn enough to get your butt kicked so don't be gung ho!!!

quote:
Originally posted by kingcb:
I WILL BE IN FT.Leonardwood FOR BCT ON JAN.19TH 2007. YOU SEEM TO BE HELPFULL. SO WHAT CAN I EXPECT? AND WHY DO THE OTHER SOLDERS NOT LIKE MP's?

Posts: 2 | Location: florida | Registered: 13 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratz:
Well I was an Infantryman in the Light Infantry and I don't think it would go over to well if you pulled up to the Infantry on your truck after they walked 27 miles through the mountains with 80 lbs on their backs after doing 5 to 11 days of missions and said you were the same thing except you had trucks. That is not to say that your job isn't an important one and I'm sure there are things that you have to deal with that suck also.

Roll Eyes
I'm not THAT barbaric. Geeze, if you want a ride I'll give you one.

Picture of ratz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smittaayy:
quote:
Originally posted by ratz:

Roll Eyes
I'm not THAT barbaric. Geeze, if you want a ride I'll give you one.

Unfortunately the vehicles can't go where infantry do on foot and it's hard to sneak behind enemy lines in a truck. Otherwise I'm sure infantry would take you up on that and say thanks. Wink

11B Light Fighter

Posts: 4 | Registered: 13 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGMP
posted Hide Post
JUST LET IT GO...ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT! GO ARMY!

Posts: 52 | Location: Fort Richardson Alaska | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
BEAT NAVY!!

Seriously though...

posted Hide Post
I have also heard that Leonard Wood isn't that bad anymore. How old are you? I was 28 when I joined. I just switched from the Reserves where I worked in supply to the National Guard where I'm reclassing to MP. I have been told I will not be doing my training at Leonard Wood. Instead, I will be training for 2 weeks at Camp Dawson, West Virginia. The rest will be OJT. I feel like I am getting ripped off. Is this even legal? Will I actually be awarded an MOSQ cert for this type of training? I asked if this was just something temp, I was told no, I will not see L Wood unless its for the 2 week AT.

Posts: 1 | Location: Elkview, Wv | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
You make some interesting points, Doshaza. I hear you on the K9 thing. That's the reason I hesitated to go to the school. But the mental stability could go all kinds of ways. It could apply to the entry team as well. It could apply to Infantry snipers. It could apply to anybody placed in a traumatic situation. And also, if you have an ASI, and perform that job at one duty station, it doesn't mean you'll perform it at every other assignment you get.

Take Drill Sergeant. Once you get off the trail and PCS, you won't be a DS at your next duty station. So why give them an ASI?

posted Hide Post
i'll be headed to Ft Leonard Wood in about two weeks.. or so

whats an average day look like there?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stevethemp
posted Hide Post
Great thread. I know I'm jumping into this kinda late, but just thought I'd share a few thoughts. Garrison MP units, they do still exist, mostly in the reserves and guard. I'm in one, so I'd know, lol. To anadivine, when I went to leonard wood in 03, days were long and fast. I would say that for myself, portions of ait were more mentally draining than those of basic. Lots and lots of forms. But that's what they make pure edge and form flow for. Gotta love those computer programs. And yeah, Law Dogs are pretty much hated, but what are we gonna do? Oh yeah, our jobs. That's what the Army pays us for. Assist Protect Defend!

SPC DeHaan to USMC Captain, after pulling him over.
MP: "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"
USMC: "Because I'm driving on an Army base?"

Posts: 7 | Location: NJ | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post