New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of the Corps
 Login/Join

Picture of SA Joe
posted
I want to get some feedback from some more experienced members of the MP corps. Where do you see us going? Especially in light of the mass numbers of DA cops, Wackenhut guards, etc. It seems that heavy emphasis is placed on everything but the law enforcement mission; big M, little p.

I think it can go one of two ways. One, the DA cops and gate guards are going o be pushed out as the wars wind down and more MPs are in garrison. Or two, things will continue on the track they are, and the MP garrison mission will dwindle and go the way of the dodo.

What do you think?

Posts: 123 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Schwartz
posted Hide Post
It isn't just the MP corps. Look in the motor pool, the Difac, and the clinics. The workers are contracted because it offers a temporary fix to what is supposed to be a temporary operation. As the wars wind down, the number of civilians filling Soldier jobs should decrease.

If Soldiers were used to fill all those jobs, when the current operations end, we would have another big draw down like happened in the 90's.

If NCO's did their job, I wouldn't have mine.

Posts: 232 | Location: FT Leavenworth | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG Schwartz:

If Soldiers were used to fill all those jobs, when the current operations end, we would have another big draw down like happened in the 90's.

That's going to happen anyway.
Congress inflated the numbers for the Iraq war and I don't see the military keeping those numbers.

They have to cut how many billions from the budget next year?

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Q9MP
posted Hide Post
They have already started cutting down the gate guards and DA police out here in Hawaii and I am sure more cuts are on the horizon. I am really happy to see more MP's on the road, but also dissatisfied to see that some of the DA people they are keeping are worthless...

Posts: 10 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 09 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SA Joe:
I want to get some feedback from some more experienced members of the MP corps. Where do you see us going? Especially in light of the mass numbers of DA cops, Wackenhut guards, etc. It seems that heavy emphasis is placed on everything but the law enforcement mission; big M, little p.

I think it can go one of two ways. One, the DA cops and gate guards are going o be pushed out as the wars wind down and more MPs are in garrison. Or two, things will continue on the track they are, and the MP garrison mission will dwindle and go the way of the dodo.

What do you think?

Special Agent, we just had a meeting with our Division Commander and as the wars end, money drawdown and RIF; soldiers/MPs will return to manning the gates and more green suiters will take over civilian positions (e.g. NEC).

We all will be doing much more with much less.

BTW, I was 31B but decided to go the Signal Warrant route than the CID path.

Take care.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post