New
Find
Notify
Tools

35N Reassignment?
 Login/Join

Picture of Raysor
posted
Hey, I'm new here. Been reading up on alot of stuff here though and decided it's time to register.

PFC stationed in Fort Bragg as an airborne qualified 35N. I was hoping for some advice on contacting my branch manager. I have been in my current unit for almost a year(11 months) and have been on rear detachment the entire time. They are currently returning from Iraq and I found out that they aren't deploying again until 2014, which is to long of a wait for me. I don't ETS until the end of 2015 and I hit my 2 year mark in February. I was curious as to how to go about contacting my branch manager to get the best results. Or if it's even worth doing because I am a PFC. Also, I don't know if it will be more difficult to leave Bragg because I am airborne qualified.

I would like to go to Ft. Meade, but I am open to just about anywhere. I just kind of want to get out of this unit(and no, it's not the 82nd lol).

Thanks to anyone that responds, I really appreciate it.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 05 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
Go to armyreenlistment.com He has a tab for branch managers in the top center of the home page.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Raysor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ReUp63:
Go to armyreenlistment.com He has a tab for branch managers in the top center of the home page.

I already have my branch manager's contact info.

posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure your gonna need 2 years minimum on station before they'll cut you orders. I've got buddies in the same situation as you.

I hope at least you're getting some training while you're on rear. Good luck.

Posts: 49 | Registered: 24 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Raysor
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm getting zero training. I've forgotten just about everything from AIT. The place is pretty ridiculous. I just want to get out of this unit.

Picture of Raysor
posted Hide Post
I emailed my branch manager and he told me it wasn't possible. He probably saw that I was a PFC and pretty much disregarded anything else I said.

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
No he probably saw that you have only been on station for 11 months. Take control of your career. Seek the guidance that you want, I am sure there is a 35N somewhere on Ft. Bragg that would love to mentor a troop willing to learn.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post