Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35L Field Office Locations
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a 35L in Korea right now looking to get a good assignment in the States, preferably in big city. Does anyone know where the 902nd has offices? I know they have a field office in Los Angeles, I just want to ask my branch manager for a specific assignment, assuming he won't provide locations voluntarily. I am also wondering if 35L are found at Air Force and Marine Corps bases.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i know theres one in Miami and Tampa, another one in ATL and Savannah. There should be many more around the country but those are the ones i know of because i was trying to get into one of them but i didn't have no luck.

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So I've been accepted and in the email from SFC Mobley, I've been instructed to email back my 3 preferences for CONUS and 3 preferences for for OCONUS assignments. My question is, when I put these down, is he asking for an installation, or an actual unit that I prefer to be assigned to?

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was looking for answers for these same questions. Before I email SFC Mobley, did either of you get answers?

Posts: 37 | Location: FBGA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck on getting one of your assignments preferences. I e-mailed my preferences to SFC Mobley and got none of them. Again good luck to you guys.

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know where the 902nd has offices?

If you can get on SIPR, go to the 902nd website. They have them listed there.

quote:
My question is, when I put these down, is he asking for an installation, or an actual unit that I prefer to be assigned to?

I would recommend you be as specific as possible.

Based on Personal experience, your first assignment will likely not be with the 902d.

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
JC351LP- Is it hard to get into the 902nd? I assumed since its primary function is CI, most CI Agents would be assigned to it, or at least a subordinate unit of INSCOM.

Posts: 37 | Location: FBGA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wish there was some source of current, viable information for CI. I feel like what I've been told doesn't paint the right picture of what I will be doing. "What I was told" being business clothes, badge, investigating or conducting CI operations. That is with the understanding of doing normal soldier tasks and work, of course.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Like I said in your other thread, I think you have a more Hollywood picture of CI than you should, especially for a new 35L.

I agree with the warrant, who was one of my Soldiers before by the way...in a HUMINT/CI company in a FORSCOM unit, not a resident office.

I may not be a 35L, but in my 8 years or so as 35M, I have experienced the same basic things as what Mr. C is telling you. It almost seems as though the new CI agents are expected to "serve their time" for a lack of a better word in a FORSCOM unit before being assigned to a resident office.

Again, you could always contact branch and see what they say. But realistically you are going to go where the Army needs you. And I can tell you that before we even deploy, for example, I will be short about 4-5 CI agents in my platoon per the MTOE, whereas the 902d office at my location has most of the positions staffed, from my understanding.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post