Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35n to jag law is it possible?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm going into sign a contract as a 35n tomorrow and its far from either of the mos i wanted i went into the recruiters office telling them i wanted to be a attorney so i wanted a job as a paralegal or humintc 35m and they told me that neither was available but they had a 35n i got a 77 on my asvab no criminal I'm just trying to figure out if while being a 35n will i have time to finish my bachelors and go through law school or are they a heavily deployed unit?

Posts: 2 | Location: chicago | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm also very athletic and a experienced martial artist are there any mos that you guys feel will fit me better?

Posts: 2 | Location: chicago | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
If you're not 100% satisfied DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING.

Ask if there are any class dates later- you might have to wait a year to get the exact MOS you want. Or ask about others. They might pull something out that you like.

Remember- no matter what you sign you will be stuck doing a LOT of time outside of that job- the Army doesn't pay janitors, groundskeepers, housekeepers, etc...

So the n00b Soldiers do it all. Wink

Oh and once you get in, the Army has wrestling, bike, shooting, martial arts teams. Competitive to get into but imagine doing that as your day-to-day job. I don't think MOS matters, you have to show skill and try out. You'd likely have to be finished with Basic and AIT to join up.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Find an MOS you're interested and finish your degree while in the military.

We had a member of our unit who successfully applied to law school and was processed into a program where you go to law school on the Army's dime and receive BAH while attending full-time. Upon his completion, he's commissioned and has to serve X amount of years to fulfill his commitment.

It would be an enormous challenge to go to law school and be a full-time active member of the Army.

quote:
Originally posted by kmarshall:
I'm going into sign a contract as a 35n tomorrow and its far from either of the mos i wanted i went into the recruiters office telling them i wanted to be a attorney so i wanted a job as a paralegal or humintc 35m and they told me that neither was available but they had a 35n i got a 77 on my asvab no criminal I'm just trying to figure out if while being a 35n will i have time to finish my bachelors and go through law school or are they a heavily deployed unit?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post