Find
Notify
Tools

35M/DLAB Question
 Login/Join

Picture of Mike89
posted
Hello,

I have been looking into re-classing to the 35M field. I have been told that I qualify to do so,
other than the fact that I need to take the DLAB test. I have heard of people enlisting for the
35M field, without taking the DLAB test. Is it possible to re-enlist for the 35M position without
taking the DLAB test? The only reason I ask this question, is because I have been told the field
is no longer language dependent as of right now.

Thank you for your help.

Posts: 10 | Location: conus | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mike89
posted Hide Post
I would like to clarify what I said earlier: I have been told that Soldiers re-classing to this MOS still have to take the DLAB test, but they are not required to pass it; but it will help later down the road when language training is offered again.

Posts: 10 | Location: conus | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Get the DLAB study guide from delta gear and take the exam through the local ed ctr.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Since Megaupload was seized do you still have a copy of this study guide?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did anyone find a copy of the DLAB study guide since megaupload is gone? Could really use it to study. thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't care what anyone says, there is no studying for the DLAB. You either get it or you don't. If you absolutely do need a study guide for it, then the Army's language school probably isn't for you.

Posts: 257 | Location: Ft Sam Houston | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
The best way to study is to study english since the test directions usually state something about "in the language the subject of the sentence" etc. if you aren't sure about English grammar you won't understand the instructions

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post