New
Find
Notify
Tools

35F School
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted
I've posted this question before, but didn't get much feedback. I am slotted to go in August. Anyone been through recently?

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
It's a typical MOS producing school in the military which means you have to be a complete retard to fail. Morons of all calibers that are barely capable of breathing oxygen pass and get sent to units all the time.

What more do you need to know?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M48S1PF:
It's a typical MOS producing school in the military which means you have to be a complete retard to fail. Morons of all calibers that are barely capable of breathing oxygen pass and get sent to units all the time.

What more do you need to know?

Wow, bad day?

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
No, not at all. It's the truth. If you can't pass, you're an idiot. I've been in MI companies for years and it's not like the 35F1O course is producing all top notch analysts. Every -1O course in the Army is the same, they produce anywhere from moron to genius. None of them are hard.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm not worried about not passing. I was just wondering how the school is ran, what the daily schedule is like and what the coursework is like. Are permanent party put in the barracks, do we get TDY? Is it mostly classroom work or field work? Those are the types of things I was wondering.

posted Hide Post
My daughter finished the school late last year. While I do not know the specifics of the school, I do know that it is primarily classroom focused with some field work.

The primary thing that failed people in the school was staying up all hours playing computer games or when they would get passes, getting wasted. She enjoyed the school and for her it wasn't a big deal because she had already been through 4 years of college, so she was used to setting up her own study schedules and knew how to take notes and figure out problems.

Sorry I cannot be more help but that is pretty much it in a nutshell and nobody can give you any real specifics on it.

dave

Posts: 49 | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
TDY would be any school less than 20 weeks unless fairly recent changes have been made.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post