Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CISAC
 Login/Join

posted
going to school in July and have a follow on to FT Bragg...are there any 35L's at Bragg now?...If so hows the life there?

Posts: 22 | Registered: 23 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Life will depend on the unit that you are going to. If you are going to any of the BCTs within the 82nd, life could suck (depends on you and your supervisors), if you end up with the 525 BSFB it could be better. If you end up at the local 902nd RO at least you will be doing your job.

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i am going to 525 BFsB..any word on them?

posted Hide Post
Not exactly on that unit but I did work with some of the CI agents from the 201st BFSB which the same type of unit as the 525 and they seemed to like it. At least you wont be going to a regular Infantry BDE where you'll be the only CI guy there.

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm curious to know why it would suck going to the 82nd as a 35L? I'm entertaining the idea of going 35L, and actually division assignments would appeal, so naturally I'm curious.

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
The reason a lot of 35L's don't want tactical assignments is because they wont be doing the sexy cool-guy stuff that they fill your head with at the schoolhouse.
A lot of the time when agents are assigned to tactical units they are placed under leadership who isn't quite sure how to utilize them, and the fresh-from-CISAC Agent doesn't really have a clue either. So they often wind up being utilized as HUMINT Collectors or Security Managers.
Also, your chances of going to the 82nd (as opposed to 525) as a 35L are slim, (but not impossible.)

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Any word on the 525?
quote:
Originally posted by JC351LP:
The reason a lot of 35L's don't want tactical assignments is because they wont be doing the sexy cool-guy stuff that they fill your head with at the schoolhouse.
A lot of the time when agents are assigned to tactical units they are placed under leadership who isn't quite sure how to utilize them, and the fresh-from-CISAC Agent doesn't really have a clue either. So they often wind up being utilized as HUMINT Collectors or Security Managers.
Also, your chances of going to the 82nd (as opposed to 525) as a 35L are slim, (but not impossible.)

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
I've never been in 525, and the last time I was in a BfSB was four years ago, so I cant give you much more than broad generalizations.
-525 is conventional big Army, you'll be in uniform, probably do PT every morning, and will likely get released NLT 1630 regardless of whether or not you actually have work to do.
-Organizational funds will be tightly controlled. So getting Institutional Training approved will be like pulling teeth.
-You will probably deploy
-Deployments will likely be your only opportunity to "do your job"

Like I said before, I've never been in 525 so these are just generalizations that could be entirely incorrect.
As long as you go there with a good attitude and do you best at whatever duties you are assigned, you will be successful.

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post