New
Find
Notify
Tools

35F20 switch, Hood for Carson?
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted
Are there any 35F20 who would like to switch their assignment from Fort Hood to Fort Carson? If not, does anyone know a way to change my assignment? Branch will not help me. Thank you.

Posts: 758 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Based off your other thread, it appears your Branch manager did help you. Fort Hood did not meet the needs of your EFM so they kept you at Carson.

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No, Fort Bliss did not.

Posts: 758 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Right, so you got orders to Fort Bliss, your Branch Manager helped you out and gave you orders to remain in Carson so your EFM can get whatever treatment or care needed.

How did your Branch not help you? It seems like they already have.

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
He didn't really help me by sending me back to Carson. They were following my MACP and EFMP, yes, but Ft. Hood also fits my son's needs and I'm now dis-enrolled from the MACP. All I did was inform them that Bliss would not work, they reviewed my EFMP paperwork, and picked another spot. They just decided to send me right back to Carson. I asked for an assignment to a place deploying back to Afghanistan, which I realize is a want, but I know units in Hood are going next year. I think our BDE is set for Kuwait. So, I'm looking for someone who'd like to switch assignments with me.

posted Hide Post
I guess at the end of the day, they could have sent me to Korea unaccompanied and I'd be a year without my son so I'm lucky that didn't happen. If anyone wants to switch though, I know that the Foxtrot branch manager was doing it for people in my AIT. Let me know!

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I am with 4BCT and we just redeployed. Division HQ is going to Astan and 2BCT is going to Kuwait. Also, needs of the Army comes first. I got sent back to the same place after WOBC, so just make the best of it.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Roger Chief, welcome home.