New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo. Points
 Login/Join

Picture of Epic Honor
posted
I was looking at the promotion points box on the front page and after 98G there was all the 98GCM, 98GKP, 98GLA, 98GPF, 98GQB, 98GRU. What do all the extra letters mean?

Thanx

Posts: 1432 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MIguy001>
posted
The 98G is the MOS and the rest of the letters are the langauge identifiers: CM= Chinese Mandarian, KP= Korean, PF=Persian Farsi, RU=Russian. I don't know what QB and LA are.

[quote:227bfb70f0="Epic Honor"]I was looking at the promotion points box on the front page and after 98G there was all the 98GCM, 98GKP, 98GLA, 98GPF, 98GQB, 98GRU. What do all the extra letters mean?

Thanx[/quote:227bfb70f0]

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Epic Honor
posted Hide Post
Thanx, MIguy! Big Grin

Posts: 1432 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
QB is Spanish......

Still thinking what LA is.

Posts: 295 | Location: Somewhere out there | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<MIguy001>
posted
QB is Spanish? Huh??? How did they draw that one?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't know how QB=Spanish in someones mind. I just remember it from the people who learned it while attending language school. I am still racking my brain over the LA...

Posts: 295 | Location: Somewhere out there | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Epic Honor
posted Hide Post
how about Arabic? It's got an A in it. Wild guess.

So why is the Chinese Mandarin points so low. I suppose that is potentially good news for me :mrgreen:

and welcome back, enforce :!:

posted Hide Post
My guess on LA is that it may be Lao.

Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT) are available in the following languages: Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese-Amoy, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese Mandarin, Czech, Danish, Dutch-Flemish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lao, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Portuguese-European, Romanian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese and Yiddish.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well finally I think I got it figured out from the ATRRS page. LA = SPANISH-AMERICAN; QB would be SPANISH-CARIBBEAN. They are tricksters Smiler

to see all codes Goto: https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/ click on "Language Code" in about the middle of the page.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post