ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army National Guard  Hop To Forums  California National Guard Discussion    actice duty promotible status vanishes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

actice duty promotible status vanishes?
 Login/Join

posted
i'm fresh to national guard, but i'm trying to find out what happens to my promotable status i had in the active duty, if it disappears entirely, or if im supposed to wait on points like active duty. Any help would be appreciated, at present my CoC is treating it like it never existed.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 23 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You do not get to keep promotable status.

Your RA promotable status was based off of RA needs. You need to see how CAARNG promotes and use that system to regain promotable status.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As a former guard member, currently active duty, I can tell you "promotable" status really doesn't exist the guard. There are no boards. Promotions are based off points. They use the points as a OML. As slots become available, the ask the first person on the list, then the second, etc. As long as you have the proper NCOES school and aren't flagged, you should be good to go. Just have your admin calculate your points. Each state does it a bit different. TIS and TIG requirements aren't really followed until E-7 in my experience.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post