Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flagging
 Login/Join

posted
I am a PFC in a civil affairs unit. A new soldier that just got in was just flagged for failing a diagnostic pt test. Can anyone tell me and show me the regulation that says that pre-basics can't be flagged for weight and apft?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CivilAFFAIRS:
I am a PFC in a civil affairs unit. A new soldier that just got in was just flagged for failing a diagnostic pt test. Can anyone tell me and show me the regulation that says that pre-basics can't be flagged for weight and apft?

It's totally legal to FLAG for APFT failure.
-They have to pass a PT test at AIT w/ 60/60/60 to graduate.
-The Soldier's orders said they needed to be ready for APFT/ weigh-in.

EDIT:
Are you reserves or Guard?
Even so, it's still legal. They just flagged a co-worker who is a contractor instructor but just signed up for the Reserves after being out for a few years. ..

However, new recruits have ONE YEAR to meet height/weight standards. See www.apd.army.mil, AR-600-9, para 3-2b.
(It's now easier to remember that website= army publishing directorate.)

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If it is a diagnostic pt test then they can't be flagged. I can't tell you the reg but I have been to IG about this with some of my soldiers.

Posts: 73 | Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Miller
posted Hide Post
I believe that soldier should have 30 days to prepare for a record PT test. If he/she fails that then their flagged. I dont know where it is in FM 21-20, but I'll research.

Posts: 182 | Location: Hunter AAF | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post