Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS
 Login/Join

posted
I will be getting out of the army in 60 days using terminal leave. My unit is telling me that I will be going to the field with them next week. Does anyone know if there is a amount of time in which you can't be put on details or have to go to the field? If so, where can I find anything to prove this to be true. I've heard that within 60 days of getting out you can't be put on anything. I've also heard 90 days. Is this true?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
Completely not true. Until the day your terminal leave ends, your subject to whatever the Army wants you to do. This includes the fabled "I had my final physical, I can't do PT anymore."

Thats another false myth.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why would anyone not want to do PT? According to one of my former 1sg and I quote "PT is the most important part of your day and if the appointment cant wait til 0900 dont even think about trying to do it earlier PERIOD"

Steven R. Kreger

Posts: 124 | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
Never forget that while they are paying you, they can have you work!

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 51C:
Completely not true. Until the day your terminal leave ends, your subject to whatever the Army wants you to do. This includes the fabled "I had my final physical, I can't do PT anymore."

Thats another false myth.

Yes this makes sense but then you are saying that he can go to the field when he should be taking care of very important stuff in order to make a big transition between Soldier and becoming a civilian again, not to mention he needs outprocessing time and his leave, damn it he earned it, I dont care who you are, I earned my leave so he should be able to take his...I say he takes it higher ups, bring it up to the BN CSM see what he says, doesnt work, bring it up higher...but you say you got 60 days until you start using your transitional leave. How long is your field time going to be?

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post