New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCOER Poll
 Login/Join

Picture of jgarner
posted
Okay, its been a while since I've posted anything and I have this question that is just burning in my head. I believe that a SPC should recieve an NCOER, if that SPC (or CPL or PFC or PV2) is holding a slot that a NCO normally holds, i.e. Team Leader, Shop NCOIC, etc. My reasoning (and please correct me if I'm wrong): If a SSG is the NCOIC of a shop, and that particular slot is for a SFC, would that not be a positive bullet? Something like, SSG Soandso performed duties normally reserved for a SFC. Please tell me what you think, I'd love to hear someone's opinion besides my own.

Question:
Should a Junior Enlisted Soldier holding an NCO's position recieve an NCOER? Please support your answer.

Choices:
Yes
No

I am a soldier, I fight where I'm told, and win where I fight.

Posts: 222 | Location: FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
I would say "NO".

1. It's a Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Report

2. It would not benefit a Soldier for a centralized promotion board (SFC to CSM) to receive one

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If a SPC is an acting team leader (NCO position), then gets bumped back to rifleman when a SGT show up, does he still merit an NCOER?

If not, that's a whole lot of unrated time Army wide. It would be a lot to keep track.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jgarner
posted Hide Post
okay, now a question...do they look at a SPC's counseling packets at promotion boards?

I am a soldier, I fight where I'm told, and win where I fight.

Posts: 222 | Location: FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post