ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Education  Hop To Forums  Schools    ETS and ROTC questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS and ROTC questions.
 Login/Join

posted
I'm ETSing in 26MAY2015 and will be attending college for my BSN. I plan on going back into the Army afterwards.

Would I be better off joining ROTC as soon as I enroll in college? What can ROTC offer me on top of what I'll already be getting from my post 9/11 GI bill?

I also have a 9G on my ERB reenlistment code. Will that affect me when I go to join ROTC?

Any information about going into ROTC after active army is much appriciated.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Posting reply to top the spam ads.

ROTC would mean your degree is paid for without using your Post 9/11 GI Bill. YOu could use it for a Masters degree or give it to your dependents.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Another option is to stay in, join the Reserves, go school using your GI Bill, and then direct commission as a nurse. There are Reserve accessions NCOs specifically for AMEDD and do nothing but medical transitions. Much like the Army's (joint) PA program, there may also be a nursing option.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post