ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Ordnance    Mechanic job skill courses?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mechanic job skill courses?
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted
I have not been working in my MOS basically since I came in. I am now in a duty position to do my job and would like a refresher course in basic mechanic skills. Does such a course exist? I have requested to go to Hotel 8 so I can at least be proficient in Recovery. Any other suggestions?

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jump in there and get your hands dirty with the soldiers.

Don't be too proud to take lessons from soldiers you may outrank.

Bury your nose in TMs.

<-- Fellow 91 series

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:
Jump in there and get your hands dirty with the soldiers.

Don't be too proud to take lessons from soldiers you may outrank.

Bury your nose in TMs.

<-- Fellow 91 series

I have asked many times for this opportunity and there are two very incredibly talented SPC, one who already has his ASE certification, and they moved him to S&R. They have me in charge of AOAP, Benchstock, and now Fire Safety. Any time I am trying to help with a repair, to learn, I get pulled to go get someone a part or I am running around trying to get samples. Right now I am in a Team Leader Course, so not even in the motorpool. Trust me, I have no qualms with asking someone who I outrank to show me how to do something. I even offered to let one of the SPC take my CPL spot but they wouldn't let me. They are putting me in charge of Unscheduled Maintenance now too as well so hopefully I can learn through that. I have gotten to do a few repairs so far, and a lot of services, so I am slowly learning, but it seems like I'm always being pulled off of it to do something else. It's frustrating.

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post