New
Find
Notify
Tools

EOD School
 Login/Join

Picture of Milpopo552
posted
I am leaving for EOD school in Jan. and I was wondering if anyone here new what Phase I and Phase II was like. What is going to be lodging going be like during Phase I and what the day is like...please let me know

Posts: 116 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ilostyapaperwork
posted Hide Post
BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him. -Aldous Huxley

Posts: 87 | Location: Japan | Registered: 07 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Confused

Is that supposed to be what the lodging is like?

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ilostyapaperwork
posted Hide Post
NO!!!! That's the sound he doesn't want to hear.

Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him. -Aldous Huxley

Posts: 87 | Location: Japan | Registered: 07 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you are a great help

Posts: 116 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of swg2188
posted Hide Post
I'm in phase 2 of school right now. Phase 1 is like a army EOD prep school. you'll get the very basics there. Phase 1 is at redstone arsenal, AL. It's alright there for reclass students. Phase 2 is at Eglin AFB, FL. It's a Navy school close to Destin. I have to admit that so far EOD school is the only thing that's challenged me in life. And you don't hear the BOOM you just turn into pink mist.

Posts: 86 | Location: Ft. Hood(currently Camp, Taji) | Registered: 04 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
What is the living like at Redstone, for an E5, where do I live

Picture of JuniorBragg
posted Hide Post
I just got pre-approved for EOD. I have to do my interview now and go for suit testing. I am presently in Afghanistan and will most likely be going to Bagram for testing. Has anyone gone through suit testing recently? What does it consist of? Do they do it differently while deployed?

What can I expect during the interview portion?

I was laid up for a year with a broken leg, just getting back into a formal PT regimen, run time is still way off from what is used to be. I also got fat during the 15 months i was laid up, but have lost 37 pounds since I got to Afghanistan in Jan. Any PT tips to prepare me for the testing? Figure I have about 45 days or so before i can get there to be tested.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Posts: 183 | Location: Ft. Bragg | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wanted to quit 30 seconds after it began, but I didn't. There is no preparing for it. When we conduct tests we just go until someone quits, someone pukes, and someone cries. It usually doesn't take long.

Posts: 8 | Location: Eglin AFB | Registered: 23 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post