ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Ordnance    E.O.D school washout rate???????????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E.O.D school washout rate???????????
 Login/Join

posted
i just recentley came up on orders to go to eod school and i am very exited about going but i hear there is a really high washout rate, can anybody tell me what they know from experience or any knowledge about ti would be nice..

Posts: 5 | Location: ft bragg | Registered: 30 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eatyourface
posted Hide Post
AH you made it through the painful process? They have about a 70% attrition rate is the last I know. I'm still trying to get a school date. EOD recruiters are taking their sweet time, though!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ft Couch | Registered: 30 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of eatyourface
posted Hide Post
Ah but I didn't explain further. I was told the attrition rate is due largely to the "hoppin" night life around eglin, and the EOD hopefuls not studying. Also I was told by a buddy who opted out after a few months that a lot of recruits up and quit after they learn EOD isn't blowing stuff up willy nilly like.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ft Couch | Registered: 30 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
the security clearance stuff took the longest "couple months" for me, then after that was done i got retention to submit the paper work on a friday and on monday i had orders.

Posts: 5 | Location: ft bragg | Registered: 30 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i really appreciate your input "eatyourface" i think i will be good at it so i hope i do alright. now that i actually have a school date i kinda feel like i have the same feeling when i was coming into the army in the beginning. 70% is pretty high........ im not the smartest tool in the box but i am very mechanically inclined for some reason and i hope its alot of hands on type stuff like that.

posted Hide Post
the eod recruiter told me 33% but ten percent are people that just fuck up discipline wise and the other 22% just cant get it or decide they dont want to.

Picture of Crimper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eatyourface:
Ah but I didn't explain further. I was told the attrition rate is due largely to the "hoppin" night life around eglin, and the EOD hopefuls not studying. Also I was told by a buddy who opted out after a few months that a lot of recruits up and quit after they learn EOD isn't blowing stuff up willy nilly like.

anybody can blow stuff up, it takes skill to keep things from blowing up...

EOD school is what you make it. It isn't easy but look at all the people who have made it through...it is doable. Just remember what you are there for and save the partying until you are done.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 29 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
right now it is 28% and work here at the school house

Posts: 89 | Location: FL | Registered: 25 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Madbomber, They did not or are not planning to reduce standards at the school house are they?

mow_der_hed, good luck with school, pay attention, study, keep a steady hand.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 24 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I recently graduated from Redstone which is where you will do your first phase of EOD passing grade is 85% on all tests. Get ready for a lot of class time as your evenings will be spent in studyhall as its mandatory. Sun - Thurs. thats about all I know as I am not EOD but have friends that passed on and went on to Eglin...

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Madeodmike its all about the number now, the instructors do what we can but they give why to many roles these day some have had 7-8 ARBs and still make through its BS.

Posts: 89 | Location: FL | Registered: 25 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Milpopo552
posted Hide Post
I am one of the fail outs at EOD school. Yes it is a very hard school. If you are used to getting a lot of info in one day and think testing on it the next day, you will have problems. They say if you are really smart or really dumn you will not make it. Good luck and have fun.

Posts: 116 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well first off I want to tell everybody that I appreciate your responses but here I go. Well it has been months since I posted this and stumbled upon it while actually googling something, then starting reading all the responses but the funny thing is that I didn't even know this was my post until I read almost all of it the somebody said my username, well here is an update I guess....... I went to redstone phase 1 and got through but there was a close call, I'm here at eglin afb fl now and just got into phase 2 recently, and there are super lot of people who academically role here and end up failing out, I hope I will not be one of them. I took and passed my first test on friday/day 2.....

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mow_der_hed:
I took and passed my first test on friday/day 2.....

Excellent- keep up the good work! Big Grin

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5328 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know this is an old post--but I'm curious about the hoppin nightlife around Eglin?? I probably will only get to go out once or twice because of studying but want to make the most of my time!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post