Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

68WM6
 Login/Join

posted
The M6 training ends with you licensed in Texas correct? Does this transition into civilian vocational nurse in other states easily as I will be returning to CA with my reserve unit in San Diego. What would I most likely be doing in San Diego on duty?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheCasey13F
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine recently reclassed as a M6. From what I understand, his duty station is a VA hospital. As far as the rest goes, I'd suggest getting in touch with your branch manager. They can usually get you answers, and if not at least direct you to someone who can. One word of caution: I don't know how branch is for medics, but my branch manager won't even give you the time of the day unless you're an E7 or above. I can always get a kind ear from the E6 that works there, so you may start with the secretary first and work your way up. Then again, if you're lower enlisted I'd ask your PSG or team chief if they'd do it - you may get better results.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 22 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Was browsing google for my girlfriend, and came across this post.

I wanted to tell you, that it doesn't matter what state you are licensed. To be a Licensed LPN, you have to pass the NCLEX-PN, no branch of our government is exempt from this.

When you have your NCLEX-PN, you just register with whatever state you move to. You can take your NCLEX-PN in any state or peurto rico. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you remember to register your license with the state you're living in.

Future 88M

Posts: 3 | Location: Washington | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post