Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15 series mos
 Login/Join

posted
Hey guys. I just finished basic and I'm starting my AIT, which is currently 88m. When I initially joined I wasn't reAlly given a choice for an mos. I didn't even know I had a choice to be honest. I was naive and desperate and I think my recruiter knew that.

Since joining Ive realized that I should have chosen and mos that I would enjoy in the real world... So I've decided to reclass as soon ad possible. I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

In order to change my mos I need to talk to my comander at my unit and get it approved? I should note that I'm NG. Anything else I should know about this?

I've been looking into the 15 series mos and I really think that most of them would be something I would love to do. Does anyone know how well they transfer to the civilian world? Any other info or advice is appreciTed. Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
15w transfers well if you know what you're doing and do it well without causing problems. 15E is brand spanking new so i couldn't tell you. Thats as far as my knowledge goes, good luck.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You will be in a Transportation unit in the NG. You would have to transfer to an Aviation unit in the NG, so I don't think that it will be easy till you at re-enlist. It can be easy to go from one medical job to another, but you are talking completely different worlds.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
well im a 15e "reclassed active duty from 12b"different story. you will have to contact you commander and ask them about changing mos b/c its there choice if they will let you or not.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 20 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post