New
Find
Notify
Tools

88M as a transition
 Login/Join

Picture of PatriotPrisoner
posted
I am slotted to goto Ft Leonard Wood, Mo on 22 Jan. I was just wandering what it is like as a transition student. I have been a 14T driving 5tons hemitts, and humvees for 9 years now. Will I be stuck with the regular AIT students or do we have our own set of rules ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SGT O

Posts: 18 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 25 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of STRIPLING
posted Hide Post
hey sgt owens how are you doing i had a question for you I am a 42a right now and reclassing to 88m in july i have teh same question you had I was wondering how is ait are you with teh new soldiers or you somewhere else I am qualified on alot of teh vehicles already do I have to go through trainign again or they let you skip that part of teh trainign how is the barracks and what is requirement for us to bring far as military gear far as uniform and ta 50 and what did you all graduate in acus or class a's any information will be greatly appreciated thank you

sgt stripling

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Leadertank
posted Hide Post
You will most likely be assigned to an AIT company as a MOS-T soldier. You will still be considered a trainee and specific rules and regulation will apply but not all of the same ones as an IET soldier. Good Luck.

Sincerely,

Leadertank

Connect with more Leader tools from me at http://leadertank.com/. You can also get both my #1 books Leadership Solved (The 10 Rules of LEADERSHIP) and the motivational/inspirational Daily Fuel for LIFE and LEADERSHIP.

Posts: 71 | Registered: 17 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
In B CO 58 trans our MOS-T's lived in housing similair to Geographical Bachelors here on FT DRUM, it's basically a bedroom with a shared bathroom and dining area. You share the place with 10-15 other guys / girls on the floor.

You have your own Platoon, you fall in next to your IET Soldiers Platoon, you are basically a secondary Platoon based off of the IET Soldiers Platoon in otherwords. Our MOS-Ts did their own PT, but took PT Tests, MOS Training, Ranges, and Field Excercises with us. They were allowed to drink, but no alcohol in their quarters. They were allowed to go off post every day except Field Excercises and could put in for Mileage passes during the weekends.

Overall you are treated as the Soldiers you are. Unless your Platoon is jacked the hell up, our PSG smoked the crap out of the MOS-T's once to get them back on the right track. It was funny because two of the Soldiers in training out ranked the PSG from TIG. Ah gotta love the whole instructor > general military authority when it comes to training though.

I am reclassing to 11B now, and I am not expecting any of these freedoms, I've heard mixed reviews for 11B MOS-T's.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
Its THE not TEH

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me thinking the guy was a stone cold retard, no wonder they are forcing a reclass from admin. I could just Imagine a Soldier's 4187 or other DD or DA from all jacked up.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
and all teh oter gramatecal arrors

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm so used to reading illiterate army writing that I had to read his post backwards to find "teh."

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
haha i would have understood one teh, but all of them.....its not like its any easier to write than the...you are literally using the same letters!

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post