New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promoted in AIT?
 Login/Join

Picture of soldier91
posted
I am coming up on SPC and i will be in AIT at the time. Will i get promoted in AIT or will i have to wait till i get back to my unit?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soldier91:
I am coming up on SPC and i will be in AIT at the time. Will i get promoted in AIT or will i have to wait till i get back to my unit?

Active duty or national guard/ reserves?

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of soldier91
posted Hide Post
Reserves, i will be coming up on time in grade as a pfc for 6 months. So i should be promotable?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 25 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I have no idea about Reserves/ National Guard. Frowner
(That's why i asked. Wink )

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Maverick0217
posted Hide Post
im prior service for the army reserve and im an e-3. and im going to ait at fort sam in less than a month and when i signed my new contract after being out for six months they said i retained my rank and was still promoted is that true

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Maverick0217
posted Hide Post
im going active now

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Reserves or NG, but in Active, the automatic promotion from PFC to SPC is 12 months not 6. At 6 months you are eligible(NOT promotable) for promotion with a waiver. So ,unless your unit gives you a waiver, you will have to wait another 6 months for automatic promotion. Not to mention that you need TIS also.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EODbot
posted Hide Post
and start a new post next time please.

Posts: 165 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post