Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

68W reclass
 Login/Join

posted
Hi I noticed that some one already posted a similar question and that answered most of my questions about this subject. I still have a few other questions though.
I am a 12B and an E-4 in the national guard. I'm trying to apply for the army IPAP program, but I was thinking about reclassing to 68W in the mean time for experience.
I already have my EMT-B and I heard that that will shorten the training. If so, then how much does that shorten the school?

I am also married and live in San Antonio. I was wondering if I could just go home after the training each day instead of living in the barracks?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im not sure about IPAP. I'm assuming you have the college requirements knocked out, if not do that first. I've seen one Medic get a go for IPAP and she wasn't really high speed just had an aire of Officer about her and knew her MOS. Another buddy of mine is a medic 19 months TIS just got pinned E5 today and has a BioChem BS. He is trying to get into the program too. Being a medic first seems to be the way many go.

As for your other question.. I am a can do kind of guy and I don't let people keep me down or locked down. You will have a room to maintain on post but your evenings and weekends are yours. Be careful.

Posts: 72 | Registered: 23 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dogfaced_Medic
posted Hide Post
Only question I can answer is the length of AIT, when I went through it was still 91w school so some things might have changed, but if you are already an EMT-B it will shorten the course by 4 weeks, taking it from 16 weeks to 12.

Posts: 39 | Location: Fort Jackson,SC | Registered: 01 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post