Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

prior service 18x
 Login/Join

posted
I was a tanker 19k from 03-06. Ive been out ever since, and go out as a SPC. Looking into getting back in and goin for SF (18x). I will need to go through infantry AIT which is OSUT. How does that work since basic is mixed with AIT? Also, I have a 40% PTSD rating from the VA, but haven't mentioned it to the recruiter yet. Will this be an issue with joining back? Also, I'm concerned that I wont be prepared for the SF Q course.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Thats something you might want to bring up...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You want to become Special Forces, with 40% disability.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with that?

Tanker, I don't mean to shatter your dreams, but I'm not even sure you can get in the Army at all, let alone SF. Call your recruiter and tell him soon (now or Monday morning).

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of insertarmysaying
posted Hide Post
Concur with warcrimes

Posts: 155 | Registered: 03 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My 40% is from PTSD. It turns out yes I CAN go back in, I just need a letter from a psychiatrist stating that Iam good to go. There is no army reg which prohibits prior service from coming back in with a disability rating. Also, it turns out any prior service member that has been out for over 3 years has to go through basic again!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Eh, 40% PTSD?

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC_Mac
posted Hide Post
I'm curious to know what happened to tanker. Although, I'm pretty sure the Recruiters shattered his dreams...

Posts: 163 | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post