Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forced Reclass
 Login/Join

posted
Hello there. I am a PV2 at Fort Lee, VA. I went through basic already, but I failed EOD school. I know revert to the needs of the Army. Some other soldiers here have been talking about chaptering out if the military, and re-joining in 6 months so they can choose their job. Is this possible? I realize it's getting more and more difficult to get back in as prior service, but I have no medical or disciplinary issues. I don't require any waivers that I know of. I want to be in the Army, but not as whatever job the Army would like to give me.

Thank you, PV2 Caldwell.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
It's VERY VERY HARD for prior-service Soldiers to get in, and they are VERY limited on the jobs they can choose.

It's EVEN HARDER for someone to come back in who was chaptered out...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
Take the reclass, the ones who get chaptered may not be allowed back in.

You may not like what the Army gives you, then again, you may. Find out what they want to reclass you to and ask around on this forum to get some insight.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Two years down the road, you may be able to re-enlist and switch your MOS. In my 23 years of service, I have held five MOSes. Two years will fly.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrCaldwell619:
Hello there. I am a PV2 at Fort Lee, VA. I went through basic already, but I failed EOD school. I know revert to the needs of the Army. Some other soldiers here have been talking about chaptering out if the military, and re-joining in 6 months so they can choose their job. Is this possible? I realize it's getting more and more difficult to get back in as prior service, but I have no medical or disciplinary issues. I don't require any waivers that I know of. I want to be in the Army, but not as whatever job the Army would like to give me.

Thank you, PV2 Caldwell.

You probably have better chances now than if you get out and try to join again, let those idiots get out and try to join in six months...when i was recruiting, they would walk in and I would say "you want to go 18X, Special Forces?", of course they would say "no, i was a 92G and want to go intelligence"...so i would just send them out the way they came in in less than 5 minutes....

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
What Transam means is that 18x was the ONLY MOS offered to "prior service" when he was recruiting- fairly recently ago..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post