ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Advanced Individual Training    Possibly no graduation due to knee injury
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possibly no graduation due to knee injury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A "tool" and an "ass" are two things I am not, LOL, but OK.

Generally speaking military test are easy.

Generally speaking military test are multiple choice.

Generally speaking if you fail a military test you retest and only then when you fail the retest do you face serious consequence.

From NCOES to the additional military training I've done even if instructed by civilians, the DHG and Honor Grad have held Test Avgs or Grade Avgs in the 95-99 ball park. Everyone else is more 80%-90%. I've never been to a course or school in the military scoring below 70% was acceptable

I feel sorry for you that I offended you by offending someone else through my honesty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daddy Warcrimes,

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Last NCOES I did the honor grad and distinguished honor grad both scored 100% academically (APFT decided it). I scored 98.5% and wasn't on the list.

Now behave civilly or I will suspend accounts. I just PCSed and I've got too much on my plate to be dealing with these blatant TOS violations.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
A "tool" and an "ass" are two things I am not, LOL, but OK.

Generally speaking military test are easy.

Generally speaking military test are multiple choice.

Generally speaking if you fail a military test you retest and only then when you fail the retest do you face serious consequence.

From NCOES to the additional military training I've done even if instructed by civilians, the DHG and Honor Grad have held Test Avgs or Grade Avgs in the 95-99 ball park. Everyone else is more 80%-90%. I've never been to a course or school in the military scoring below 70% was acceptable

I feel sorry for you that I offended you by offending someone else through my honesty.

Some schools I would generally agree on, though most is no where near accurate. Especially not for a 90% norm. Most people don't give two shits about it to put fourth the effort. I've been through a fair amount of schools myself and it's an honest assessment.

Also generally speaking if someone fails a test and then passes the re-test they move forward with the lowest passing score allowable. MOS training is far different from other schools in the military anyways.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
Wow, some of you guys are ruthless. Why are we speaking to these folks this way? They have every right to come on here and ask an intelligent question. Think back to before you were in the army...Everything that was told to you from a service member was at face value, right? Of course it was because we had not been associated with the army at that time. The lack of professionalism displayed here will probably drive these concerned parents into thinking that we are a bunch of ruthless tyrants. To the concerned parents dont let a few know it alls drive you to thinking we, as an orginization are a bunch of bullies. I unfortunately do not know the exact right answer for this question; however I would say that just going off what I remember from 5 years ago that if you had an actual injury that you would probably be chaptered.

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@ DaddyWarcrimes

I will play nicely

@EyeintheSky

quote:
Most people don't give two shits about it to put fourth the effort. I've been through a fair amount of schools myself and it's an honest assessment.

What schools are these you have attended where the Soldiers in attendence did not care at all to put forth the effort?? I'm not talking about some 40hr week course such as Combatives 1 or Combat Lifesaver. The only time I have seen people slack off are at NCOES and they still pass fairly easy. At everyschool I have attended the DHG and HG has earned a near perfect score.

quote:
Also generally speaking if someone fails a test and then passes the re-test they move forward with the lowest passing score allowable

I never denied this but usually outside of the military if you fail a test, you've failed. The End.

quote:
MOS training is far different from other schools in the military anyways.

Are talking about training or testing. It's testing, still, your test written test will more than likely be multiple choice.

posted Hide Post
Well, so true that my son's side of "story" is the only one I am hearing. Doesn't really mean he is a big baby, ha! I don't know where I said he was a whiner who needed special treatment. He will figure it out, AGAIN, I was just trying to get some info and context around the situation.

I can clearly understand the the Army wants well-prepared and trained soldiers in each MOS who can do their work effectively. Not ones who can't perform and so suck the system dry getting treatment for injuries when they'll never be able to do their job. Makes total sense and shines a light on the sacrifices you all make to serve -- you can get hurt! And if you get hurt during IET it is a sad story. I am praying he passes and graduates.

Thanks to those of you who were courteous. There is always a neutral (or even nice) way to convey bad news. Others -- you can be a jerk from your computer, that's your right.

I am regretful I posted a question to begin with, it was a moment of weakness! It won't happen again. Smiler I hope you all have a mom who cares for you!

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
What schools are these you have attended where the Soldiers in attendence did not care at all to put forth the effort?? I'm not talking about some 40hr week course such as Combatives 1 or Combat Lifesaver. The only time I have seen people slack off are at NCOES and they still pass fairly easy. At everyschool I have attended the DHG and HG has earned a near perfect score.

Air Assault mostly. Pathfinder a bit too but since it's really all academic work people pushed harder. A few supply classes i took for additional duty, AMPS training, some S2 bullshit someone had me go through for no reason. Though those weren't long classes so I suppose they shouldn't count.

Things like WLC people go for more i'll agree on that. But for MOS training? I'd be surprised for anywhere near a 90% average.

quote:
I never denied this but usually outside of the military if you fail a test, you've failed. The End.

Says who? There are often re-tests or a way to improve your overall grade, and there rarely is a minimum score you have to achieve on a single test. The overall grade is important.

quote:
Are talking about training or testing. It's testing, still, your test written test will more than likely be multiple choice.

Most likely yes, but not always. There was visual training for mine as well as a memorization aspect. As for MOS training being different I was merely referring to the atmosphere. People try less.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by momof68w:
Well, so true that my son's side of "story" is the only one I am hearing. Doesn't really mean he is a big baby, ha! I don't know where I said he was a whiner who needed special treatment. He will figure it out, AGAIN, I was just trying to get some info and context around the situation.

I can clearly understand the the Army wants well-prepared and trained soldiers in each MOS who can do their work effectively. Not ones who can't perform and so suck the system dry getting treatment for injuries when they'll never be able to do their job. Makes total sense and shines a light on the sacrifices you all make to serve -- you can get hurt! And if you get hurt during IET it is a sad story. I am praying he passes and graduates.

Thanks to those of you who were courteous. There is always a neutral (or even nice) way to convey bad news. Others -- you can be a jerk from your computer, that's your right.

I am regretful I posted a question to begin with, it was a moment of weakness! It won't happen again. Smiler I hope you all have a mom who cares for you!

Don't take the insults to heart. You asked a good question in an intelligent way. Unfortunately as people have already mentioned if he's hurt badly he could face a chapter. His best bet is to try and suck it up and pass and then get help for it at his unit. Though that likely won't have him on good grounds with his unit once he gets there.

It's just a poor situation to be in, especially if he's a hard worker like you said.

posted Hide Post
@ eyeinthesky

Referring to college courses when you test outside of the military, if you fail the test you fail the test. I have taken very very few classes that allow a retest. Sure you can ask the teacher for extra credit but still, some teachers don't offer extra credit. My point was not if you fail the civilian test you fail the class but if you fail the test you fail the test and there is no retest. One of my points is and was military tests are far easier than cilivian tests.

Even schools like Air Assault the DHG and HG had test avgs in the upper 90's. Besides Air Assault is a poor example. Schools like Jumpmaster, Pathfinder, EMT, etc the personnel in attendence care about their performance and being there.

As you progress through the NCOES there is much more effort put into the school, still you have those NCOs who slack and you have those who exceed the standard

If you want to say some schools personnel don't care as much and just want to pass sure, I'll agree with that. Airborne School, Air Assault, Combatives, CLS sure. But there are schools that require studying after hours and those I know the Soldiers in attendence care.

MOS Training, you win. I will drop it because I am an 11B and we really did not have written, oral, or visualization test. So have to give it to you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Referring to college courses when you test outside of the military, if you fail the test you fail the test. I have taken very very few classes that allow a retest. Sure you can ask the teacher for extra credit but still, some teachers don't offer extra credit. My point was not if you fail the civilian test you fail the class but if you fail the test you fail the test and there is no retest. One of my points is and was military tests are far easier than cilivian tests.

Even schools like Air Assault the DHG and HG had test avgs in the upper 90's. Besides Air Assault is a poor example. Schools like Jumpmaster, Pathfinder, EMT, etc the personnel in attendence care about their performance and being there.

As you progress through the NCOES there is much more effort put into the school, still you have those NCOs who slack and you have those who exceed the standard

If you want to say some schools personnel don't care as much and just want to pass sure, I'll agree with that. Airborne School, Air Assault, Combatives, CLS sure. But there are schools that require studying after hours and those I know the Soldiers in attendence care.

MOS Training, you win. I will drop it because I am an 11B and we really did not have written, oral, or visualization test. So have to give it to you.

Military tests are easier than most civilian tests I agree. I was merely suggesting looking outside of that fact. When you fail a military test for good you're done. When you fail a civilian test it may not mean anything at all, even if you can't re-take it or get extra credit. I think it evens out a bit. I was working on computer courses in college before the military, might have just been the field with extra work to make up for a poor performance.

I think we agree on a lot of it honestly.

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by momof68w:

If your son does get chaptered let him know to keep his head high! He actually stepped up and took the challenge. Thats alot more to say than most kids his age. He has nothing to be ashamed of, and in a time of war alot of people tend to forget that we are not drafted, we volunteer to step in front of harms way. And we do it day in and day out. Also, if this is still his dream, he gets out, recovers and based upon a few factors which I am not fully aware of, he can come back into the army, and if he does that hes at an advantage. He will know exactly what to expect! Congrats on being an army mom, you should be proud!!!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
all military tests require a score of 70% OR higher to pass. normally ones that require a 80 or 90 or 100% score are stupid easy, or they are a test issued from someone else besides the military, but the Military requires it. think the USAREUR license..

for MOSQ courses... it is still 70% for passing.
16 years as 11B and 1 year as 74D.. whatever schools inbetween.. its all the same.. 70%.
im not saying this is the defacto golden rules for every single test out there in the army, but chances are, if you name something that is different, it is most likely way out of the norm, and most likely has some type of restrictions on it or tied to something else.

to help with the Honor Grad, and Dist. HG..
at WLC a few years ago, i scored a 94% and wasnt even in the top 10.. a buddy of mine got a 95% and was the Dist. HG.. scores are one thing, but also how you board are another.

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post