New
Find
Notify
Tools

Failing second AIT
 Login/Join

Picture of PattyC
posted
Mt daughter failed her first AIT and was reclassed to 68W. The rumor is that if she fails this AIT, she will be discharged because it is her second AIT fail. Is this true or will she just be reclassed again? She's a basket of nerves considering this MOS is the second hardest to pass.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PattyC,

Posts: 3 | Registered: 24 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. I'm not sure what the exact rules are.

I'm sure if she asks for help from the instructors/NCOs she'll be okay. As a former AIT instructor, I was more than happy to help anyone who asked. Too many Soldiers are scared to say anything though.

I would emphasize that your daughter needs to do the right thing ALL THE TIME because the Command will help her more if she's a stellar Soldier.

Good luck to her!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PattyC
posted Hide Post
Thank you. She is doing very well with doing what she's suppose to. She got to phase 5 privileges 2 weeks before others because of behavior. She is one who wants to do right all the time, so failing an AIT doesn't sit well with her. She is also not one to ask too many questions of her superiors, so I doubt she will.I just wish I could find out if she would be discharged. Thank you again

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PattyC,

posted Hide Post
68W is NOT the 2nd hardest AIT to pass. She is listening to rumors. Off the top of my head....Diver, Respiratory Therapy, and 25S. I can go on and on too. Just be supportive to her but don't be part of her pitty party get my drift?

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As a 25S, I can tell you that it is nowhere NEAR the hardest. Longest, yes, but hardest, far from it.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
PattyC,

Your daughter will do just fine. She just has to ask questions, again and again until she gets it. Some folks dont catch on as quick as others..doesnt mean she is slow or that she isnt smart its just the way it is. ALot of times the instructors arent the best anyways so its many factors. So keep motivating your daughter and she will be fine.

Corvette,
Why would this mother join her daughter's pity party? It sound like to me she is trying to uplift and motivate her daughter.And you dont know what job is the hardest in the army/military and like I said people grasp things differently it doesnt mean anything at the end of the day.

Posts: 127 | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PattyC
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sarge. I appreciate it. I will encourage her to ask a lot more questions.

posted Hide Post
I should have mentioned 1C ASI.

posted Hide Post
But that technically would not be AIT, so I guess you would know better than I.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
We got more flunkouts from EOD school and some Ft Sam Houson school than anything else. Wink

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EODbot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Metshrine:
As a 25S, I can tell you that it is nowhere NEAR the hardest. Longest, yes, but hardest, far from it.

EOD is 10 weeks at Redstone then 34 weeks at Eglin. That's if you don't roll. Isn't 25S only 39 weeks?

Posts: 165 | Registered: 14 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post