Community's Community is an Army Forum
Page 1 2 
Private Investigator??????

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
I was under the notion that interim clearances weren't put in for but the actual full clearances are.

When you submit for a clearance, you are submitting with the intention of getting a final clearance. However, if someone has justification (like school or deployment or duty position) you can request an Interim at the same time.

All an Interim is is a clearance given "in the interim" based on good faith.

CCF is the adjudicator for clearances, but Interims can be granted locally. On JBLM, they can be granted by Installation Security, based on a review of an applicant's SF86.

The problem with initial entry soldiers is that they don't want to put a soldier who can't get an interim into a job where they may have to sit at school for six months and leave a seat empty because they can't do the training.
Posts: 403 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I resubmitted a 1227 and with my updated financials I was awarded clearance. Now to try and get 89D or an MOS that requires clearance!
Posts: 18 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 18 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just so you know almost all recruits are given the security interview before they ship to basic training now. Ensure that you give accurate information and life will be good.
Posts: 11 | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post