ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Active (Regular) Army    Enlisting / Security Clearance / Wavier?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enlisting / Security Clearance / Wavier?
 Login/Join

posted
Marcos
09/21/1988

I am interested in enlisting in the Army. Im HIGHLY interested in MOS 15Q. I recently just bought the ASVAB book so I can study and score the necessary 100 in aptitude area ST. I also understand this MOS requires a security clearance which if an applicant has a pior "record" he/she wont be able to qualify. Well, thats my hold up and reason for this post. Recently in November I caught a charge for 'possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes' and I am now awaiting my court date on 01/26/11. My lawyer got the charge dropped from a 3rd degree, to something less then a misdemeanor. He ensured me that I will still be able to enlist in the military. A little background on the actual charge is the "weapon" I had was a car ice breaker, the tool you use to scrape the ice off the wind shield. I was drunk and I was at a party and I used the ice breaker and started banging on a random car's hood. Thats all im guilty of, and take full responsibility of the outcome. Then again, I dont think my charge is serious enough to be denied a security clearance which will limit my choices in the military. I dont pose any risk to the nations government or etc. Is there anything I can do about this? I know my record will now always be scarred but I feel im not even giving the time and effort by recruiters to even see whats the most we can do about this situation. Is a wavier possible? What should I do, because I looked at other jobs which doesnt require security clearance but im not interested in any. I plan on retiring in the military. Please advise.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To be honest with you...you may not be able to join the that charge...your best bet is to contact your local recruiters...it does not matter what a lawyer says or a judge says..the recruiter will know...Good Luck.

SFC T

Posts: 161 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post