ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Army Reserve Drill Sergeant with possible bonus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army Reserve Drill Sergeant with possible bonus
 Login/Join

posted
I am in the IRR and plan on going to a Drill Sergeant unit. I have a few questions if anyone is going to do the same thing. First question is there a bonus? What are the promotions like? I am an E-5 I have a lot of awards military education civilian education. Should be pretty easy to get promoted right? If anyone else has some recent information about this opportunity I would love to chat with you.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I worked with a Reserve unit in the 100th for 12 years until they switch from IT, if you are in good shape know your stuff you can get promoted fast, not much room for non drill sgt's and such. Those guys put in some hours just a warning.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 08 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CMHoot
posted Hide Post
I am currently a Staff Sergeant serving as a Drill Sergeant. The reserve DS position contains one of the best programs that I have ever experienced. This, of course, depends on the unit that you go to. AT typically consists of activation to train Privates or Cadets. I've had a blast serving on the trail. It is very hard work, but very rewarding. As for promotion, being Drill Sergeant certified is always a plus. You are automatically placed into an E-6 slot on the UMR for your unit. Out of the 4 Soldiers who put in a promotion packet within my unit, all were promoted within a few months. As for the bonus, there is a reenlistment bonus currently posted as follows: 3 years TPU = $3,000
6 years TPU = $10,000

Best of luck.

-SSG H.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post