ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Reserve MOS that are open????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reserve MOS that are open????
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know what slots are availalbe for army reserves in Florida? whats currently open?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
you wont find it here, go talk to the local reserve recruiter and he can show you what MOS' are open in what units around your area, then show you when the training starts for each one...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
29E 68E 31E 00G 12B 12C 12H 12K 12N 12T 15K 25B 25U 25W 27D 31B 35F 35G 35L 35P 38B 42A 46Q 56M 68A 68D 68G 68J 68K 68M 68Q 68R 68S 68V 68W 68X 74D 88H 88K 88M 88N 88U 89B 91B 91X 92A 92F 92Y 94W

What is your grade?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was an E-4 when I got out, the last I heard my recruiter tell me that the reserve recruiter said something about slots for engineers, not sure, I dont hear back from my recruiter often, but I was hoping there was some intelligence slots available. I was alos wondering, when you reclass in reserves, do you go to the same AIT and training as active duty? Thank you so much for responding, its greatly appreciated!

posted Hide Post
No 35M slots. None of the other CMF 35 are coded as will-train. Best bet for intel would be to get promoted ASAP, then get into 35L.

We're probably going to be looking at will-train slots in grades of E4 or E5. Realistically, we're looking at 12B, 12K, 27D, 38B, 74D.

This is a ten level task

posted Hide Post
I am currently Active Duty, looking to ETS. I am currently a 14T, SGT, looking at joining the reserves in the 68CMF I would prefer, 68V or 68P, would those be available to me?

Posts: 22 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's technically possible, but no. Not directly anyway. The medical command is quite jealous of their positions and will not code any of them as will-train.

This is a ten level task

posted Hide Post
Oh wow that sucks! So I would have to go into a MOS and then wait for a slot to open that "will train" until I get promoted? How often do new slots open up?

posted Hide Post
If they offer V in the Reserves grab it. You can directly go into the civilian field after AIT.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You should join a unit and be slotted into a MOS and then they will have to work with you to schedule your reclass school. Depending on the MOS some are trained with the AIT students, but most are shorter in time, but only offered a few times a year. Talk to a retention NCO and find a unit with openings and a job you want.

Posts: 66 | Location: FARGO, ND | Registered: 16 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just went to MEPS today in Miami, and there was only 2 jobs available in reserves for E-4 and that was a plumber or mechanic. No MI or 35 series slots open for "will train" he said reserves if full and already met their quota, he said once i get into reserves he could move me around to a MOS i do want. I am just wondering how long it will be til a MI job opens up? years or what?

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by natasha64:
I am just wondering how long it will be til a MI job opens up? years or what?

Could be. Until someone ETS (which I don't think they do very often in the Reserves) or someone retires (so that someone else gets promoted which promotes someone else which opens a lower slot.)

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Maybe never. AMMED for instance refuses to code 68A as will-train despite the fact that it has been a shortage MOS for years. These direct reporting commands want to pick and choose their personnel, and they can't do that if USAREC, HRC, and RCCC can assign whomever they want through REQUEST.

If you want one of these MOSs (CMF 68 or 35) the most practical way to do it is from within the TPU system. Go be a mechanic or plumber (that's a pretty rare job; I'd jump at it) then request transfer later on.

Most of the subordinate commands are eager to accept qualified applicants for 68A (hard to find someone willing to go to a 10 month school, let alone pass it) or 35L (which is normal career progression for any MOS). Hell, the hospital I used to support was still taking 68Ws when they were almost at 200%. When you are in a TPU, that transfer is limited solely by the gaining commander's signature.

This is a ten level task

posted Hide Post
Can you check 35 series that are open in
zip code 75077 +/-150 miles?
Was active and went reserve thinking I'll do my MOS job. Stuck in sus bde doing other things.
e5 holding e6 position right now.

Thank you.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 11 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tech82:
Can you check 35 series that are open in
zip code 75077 +/-150 miles?

F, G, L, M, N, P, S.

You've got 3 MI units within 50 miles of you.

This is a ten level task