Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGR ?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am an 88M in the army reserves and have a few questions about the AGR program. I recently submitted my packet to HRC and the board was held a few days ago. I wanted to know the chances of me getting a position in the program as an 88m. Could they call me and ask me if I wanted to switch my MOS? I really do not care about where I go or what I do and I am willing to go anywhere the Army would put me. How long after the board do they notify everyone? And do they notify you even if you do not make the consideration list? Any answer would help me tremendously. Thanks

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was kind of wondering the same thing also, I submitted my packet in Jan of this year, waited 30 days I emailed HRC they told me the board is in Apr and immediately following the board they will send notifications informing applicants if they been selected or not. Also from other treads on here some people said it took up to 3yrs to get a response so IDK. I am active duty right now who is ETSing in September I guess it is just a sit and wait game, but you should prob email HRC they will tell you the status on your application.

Posts: 96 | Registered: 10 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah I talked to a guy who used to be an AGR and he told me that they usually make calls at the end of the fiscal year to everyone who has been accepted so it is pretty much a sit and wait game until we are notified. The chances of myself getting a call is going to be rare because of my MOS. But their is always a chance they could call me and ask me to switch my MOS. Usually AGR's start off as recruiters and then go back to their primary.

posted Hide Post
@mikey... I am AGR and became a recruiter for the reason you had stated. I hope to return to my "primary" as they automatically convert you to 79R when you do become a recruiter.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 08 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
I put in an AGR Application roughly 2-yrs ago. 1 year went by, nothing, so I resubmitted and maybe 6 months ago I received an email that I had passed the first wave of applicant review. Then, April 17th I received an offer for an AGR Position as a 25B, which is my MOS. Now, I'm having a touch time making the decision to commit and actually go on tour.. So, it did take awhile for an offer to come through and I'll be honest, it caught me off guard because I figured it would neve happen!

Posts: 21 | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are 3 levels based on merit and mos's. I've never heard of an AGR 88M. There are many people on the list trying to go AGR. There are a few units with opening, but it is hard to match up everything. Best thing to do is fall into an MOS that is high demand AGR (42A, 92Y, 66H, 79R) talk to an AGR recruter to because a recruter. Information can be found on HRC.

Posts: 66 | Location: FARGO, ND | Registered: 16 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyWalsh81:
I've never heard of an AGR 88M.

They exist. Mostly skill level 4.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Can you guys give me some info on how the AGR works in going from Active Duty to AGR?

Posts: 22 | Location: Fort Bliss, TX | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
Basically what I did was went onto HRC website and went into my reserve portal and in there, they have a place where you can click to apply for an AGR Position. You fill out some forms and submit them and basically wait. And again, for an entire year, nothing happend and I had to re-apply. Then about 6-months ago I received an email saying my application passed the board review and that I would be contacted if an AGR position is offered. Now this is how I know the process to be, but it might be different for others. Hopefully someone else will chime in and help you out.

Why are you leaving active duty to go AGR?

posted Hide Post
The same thing just happened to me. I filled out the form on the HRC website about 5 months ago and I was just sent an e-mail two days ago saying that I made the consideration list. The list does not guarantee me a position into the program but a possible position based on the needs of the army if I am contacted by someone from HRC. I am wondering now how long it takes to get a call and what are my odds of getting a call at all. Anyone AGR that could answer my question?

scotchtkh-It may or may not be possible to switch from active duty to AGR coming strait out of ETS. I know that HRC holds a review panel I'm guessing once every year and they just had board procedures probably about a month ago. Your best bet is to do what SGT Bowman said in his message above. You may be playing a waiting game for a while. If I was you I would stay on active duty. I am assuming it is very hard to go from reserves to active duty now. To my understanding you have to be in the Reserves a minimum of two years before you can be conditionally released back onto active status and that is only if there is positions available at the time.

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
And it seems if you go AGR it is impossible to get kicked out, no matter if you bust tape for over a year or are just a worthless NCO.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
Hey CrazyWalsh81, how did you get the signature from myarnedforces.com to work??? I've tried and have been unsuccessul. Thanks

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
Oh....nevermind....

posted Hide Post
Hey SGT,

After you were picked up for 25B AGR where you able to stay in your state or did they PCS you?

quote:
Originally posted by SGT Bowman:
I put in an AGR Application roughly 2-yrs ago. 1 year went by, nothing, so I resubmitted and maybe 6 months ago I received an email that I had passed the first wave of applicant review. Then, April 17th I received an offer for an AGR Position as a 25B, which is my MOS. Now, I'm having a touch time making the decision to commit and actually go on tour.. So, it did take awhile for an offer to come through and I'll be honest, it caught me off guard because I figured it would neve happen!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post