ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Prior service to IRR to Reserve but not happy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prior service to IRR to Reserve but not happy
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, so I was Active Duty, got out Honorably and was in the IRR for about two years. I thought about it and finally went into the Reserves, just a 4187, no enlistment contract.

I wasn't sure at first and it has only been 2 drills, a 2 day andva 4 day, but I am not liking it.

I think I did not realize it would be much different than Active was...

My question and advice I am looking for is this. I was told I can go back to the IRR at any point. Is this true and how can I confirm it?

I am still giving it a few more to make sure, but I would like to know. I am not a bad Soldier, I pass tests and am always in the right place, right time and right uniform.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Why aren't you happy with the Reserves?

It is not good to be switching back and forth because you do not like it.

If I am correct, you did four years of active duty and two years in the IRR for a total of 6 years of your mandatory obligation. You just have two years left.

So why not put those two years to use by helping other Reservists with your active duty expertise as a Soldier, in your MOS and improving yourself as a leader.

Are you using your GI Bill? Have you purchased a home with a VA loan?

You definitely need to engage your chain of command.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
You need to visit an active duty Army recruiter first to see if you qualify to switch.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post