ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    Army Reserve Units in Korea - Info. Request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army Reserve Units in Korea - Info. Request
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Where can I find information about the Army Reserve unit that is located at Camp Humphreys? I served as an infantryman in the past, and I am considering joining the reserves here in Korea.

What MOS's does the unit have? What size is the unit and what do they do?

Thanks!

kaathrin

Posts: 3 | Location: usa | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JuniorBragg
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong but not sure why we would have a reserve unit "stationed" in Korea. It is the US army reserve and Korea, North or South are not US territories. Maybe there is a deployed unit there or perhaps even an Active Reserve unit it but I doubt it. I will make some inquries though.

Posts: 183 | Location: Ft. Bragg | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of loyal757
posted Hide Post
Hello Kaathrin, can you please notify me when you obtain that info. thanks

Posts: 20 | Location: offrosario@hotmail.com | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SPC Calderon
posted Hide Post
Ok to be honest that something am looking deep into because i must of missed something when i was stationed there? I dont remember being any Reserve Units that are permenant Party at Korea. There are training Sites for Reservest at korea! But not stationed there! i was at camp Casey with 210th Fires when it was 2ID Divarty! that was 06! So i dont think there is any reserve permanant party. If there is then let me know!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 06 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Cienz
posted Hide Post
Here is some information.

National Guard, Reserve Soldiers sought for Korea

By Col. Marty Powers, U.S. Forces Korea Reserve Affairs

If you are in the National Guard or Army Reserve and are interested in a highly satisfying opportunity to serve, then come to South Korea.

All National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers are invited to request an Active Duty for Operational Support or ADOS tour in Korea. These tours can vary in length from several weeks to a year.

There are many jobs open in the headquarters for 8th U.S. Army as well as U.S. Forces Korea.

These jobs are located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Jobs for all military occupational specialities and ranks (officer and enlisted) are available now.

Please contact us and let us know your interest so we can place you in a job that will challenge you and provide outstanding training opportunities.

If you are interested in a tour in South Korea, e-mail us at the following e-mail address:

Master Sgt. Anthony Garris at Anthony.r.garris@korea.army.mil or Col. Monty Powers at Monty.Powers@korea.army.mil

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of loyal757
posted Hide Post
Sir,
thank you for the valuable information. I contacted MSG Garris and he professionally responded indicating that the program was not available at this time but to follow up in Jan. I will do so and once again thank you!!

Posts: 20 | Location: offrosario@hotmail.com | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AllGaveSomeAndSomeGaveAll
posted Hide Post
I joined a reserve unit in Humphreys back in 2003 and I know there are more in Yongsan. The one I was part of was in Humphreys and it is called the 343rd. Call them or go visit them when you can.

Posts: 117 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of loyal757
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the valuable information, I will definitely look into it!

posted Hide Post
I have been in Korea since 09. I am also trying to find a reserve unit. Google found this but nothing else very relevant. Im an 11b and 92w, where are some units it?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cienz:
Here is some information.

National Guard, Reserve Soldiers sought for Korea

By Col. Marty Powers, U.S. Forces Korea Reserve Affairs

If you are in the National Guard or Army Reserve and are interested in a highly satisfying opportunity to serve, then come to South Korea.

All National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers are invited to request an Active Duty for Operational Support or ADOS tour in Korea. These tours can vary in length from several weeks to a year.

There are many jobs open in the headquarters for 8th U.S. Army as well as U.S. Forces Korea.

These jobs are located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Jobs for all military occupational specialities and ranks (officer and enlisted) are available now.

Please contact us and let us know your interest so we can place you in a job that will challenge you and provide outstanding training opportunities.

If you are interested in a tour in South Korea, e-mail us at the following e-mail address:

Master Sgt. Anthony Garris at Anthony.r.garris@korea.army.mil or Col. Monty Powers at Monty.Powers@korea.army.mil

I am interested in this. Is this still an option now?

Posts: 2 | Location: Yongsan, South Korea | Registered: 09 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Soldier, email the POCs and find out if it is still available.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of davi4669
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Soldier, email the POCs and find out if it is still available.

I just emailed both of the aforementioned email addresses and neither were deliverable.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 17 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Send me a PM with an email address. One of the guys I work with is in the Army Reserves here in Korea. He works as a contractor in my organization.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post