ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Reserve  Hop To Forums  Army Reserve Discussion    apft for soldiers coming to a new unit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

apft for soldiers coming to a new unit
 Login/Join

posted
i have a soldier that just came to the unit and was forced to take a record apft.what i the regulation on this and where can i find it. Does she have to take a record or not by the way it was her first dill with the unit and she did not have pt's so she had to take the apft in her acu uniform .can someone help me and/or give me some insite on how to help my soldier thank you

keon thomas

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
why cant she take a record? when was her last one?

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The uniform for the APFT is not ACU's. The important question is why doesn't she have PT's? Also I am assuming this is in the guard or reserve so I have no idea how that works.

Posts: 75 | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Also from 350-1:

(3) Soldiers in RC troop program units (TPUs) will take the APFT at least once each calendar year. A minimum of
8 months will separate record tests if only one test is given, with no more than 14 months between record tests.
Soldiers that require makeup testing or re-testing for an APFT failure are exempt from the 8-month rule. Soldiers
requiring makeup testing will be scheduled in accordance with the unit Standard Operating Procedures. Soldiers
requiring retesting for an APFT failure will be scheduled as prescribed in paragraph 1–21e(5) of this regulation

Posts: 75 | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
FM 7-22.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
what unit is this that isn't an SF indoc or something similar that has Soldiers doing timed APFT in ACUs. That's just a no-go. The APFT uniform is well. PTs.

Posts: 625 | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spc thomas4340:
i have a soldier that just came to the unit and was forced to take a record apft.

Look at the Soldiers' orders. Does it say anything about height/weight or APFT??

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've read through the fm 7-22 and what caught my attention was it says that new soldiers need 90 days before they are tested on their physical fitness....
GOTTA LOVE THAT NCO LEGACY......

Posts: 8 | Registered: 24 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
And if she got to drill on Saturday, they could not tell her to bring in her PTs on Sunday for the APFT?

And Constitution is right. In all my years in the Guard and Reserves, I have never saw that happen.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Where did the soldier come from? RA, IRR, another TPU?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The soldier was just coming back in and she was not issued her pt uniform yet. She and all the soldiers of the unit were told it does not say anywhere in the regulations that you can not take the apft in acu.thanks for the help in this mater also she was told it was not a record and then when she failed it was put in as a record. And she was told that all the soldiers of the unit have to have a record pt on file

keon thomas

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Read the AR's the APFT is taken is IPFU's and you can read what that uniform is in 670-1. If she was not informed prior to the BA she should not have had to take a APFT. We do tests once every BA and every one will take it even new Soldiers, but many of these tests are dyognostics.
90 days before a record is correct, however if they are due and recently transfered to the unit from another and it is record month they should be taking a record. The 90 days applies more to IRR or Prior service.

Posts: 66 | Location: FARGO, ND | Registered: 16 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
If she's just coming back in first priority should be the admin stuff and getting the Supply NCO to get her everything she needs. Is it just me or do many Reserve soldiers not read regulations? I have a Soldier that was recently told that he would have to do the best he could on the run even though his profile says he can't run for the APFT.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You all might want to check again in both TC 3-22.20 and FM 7-22. I included an insert fron TC 3-22.20

A-5. Any piece of clothing not prescribed as a component of the IPFU, ACU or commander authorized civilian attire is not permitted for wear during the APFT. Neither are devices or equipment that offer any potential for
unfair advantage during testing. Unless prescribed as part of the Soldier’s medical profile, the wearing of the
following items are not authorized: nasal strips, weight lifting gloves, back braces, elastic bandages, or braces.
Electronic devices are also not authorized (MP3 players, radios, cell phones, and compact disc players).
AR 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, specifies the components of the IPFU ensemble.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post